Hiding free-busy time from certain users

Post by Shaul Ben-Shusha » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

--
 Shaul Ben-Shushan
Minister Of Education

Post by shaulb » Sun, 26 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I wish to hide the free-busy time of a manager from all workers in his team.
However, the manager's superior's need to see his free-busy time.

Does anybody know how I can restrict certain users from seeing the free-busy
time of a person and at the same time allow others to see the free-busy
time.

--
 Shaul Ben-Shushan
Minister Of Education
          Israel

Hiding free-busy time from certain users

Post by Amiri Jon » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I wish to hide the free-busy time of a manager from all workers in his
>team. However, the manager's superior's need to see his free-busy time.

>Does anybody know how I can restrict certain users from seeing the free
>-busy time of a person and at the same time allow others to see the free
>-busy time.

        I don't think that can be done.  Either you publish your free/busy
time, with visibility to everyone, or you don't publish it at all, with
visibility to noone.  Exchange doesn't allow that kind of distinction of
who can and cannot view free/busy time.

Hiding free-busy time from certain users

Post by Chris Schar » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I wish to hide the free-busy time of a manager from all workers in his team.
>However, the manager's superior's need to see his free-busy time.

Wow makes me appreciate my manager all the more.

--
Chris Scharff       ! The real winners in life are the
MVP Exchange        ! people who look at every situation

ROT13 required for SMTP Address

1. Hiding Free/Busy time from other users in Exchange

Hi,

I have users running Outlook 97 on Exchange 5.5.  I do not want users
to be able to see free/busy time of other users.  Also, when a users
sends a meeting request to another user that conflicts with something
in their calendar, I don't want the conflicting meeting request to
show up over top of the existing item in their calendar.  I just want
the message to show up in their inbox and thats it.

Hopefully that's clear enough.  I really appreciate any input you can
give me.

TIA

Chris R.

2. Exchange 2K System Manager on W2K Pro

3. Hiding Free Busy Information for a user?

4. How to prevent an exchange admin from seeing other people's accounts

5. mail delivery to a pst and having any user view free/busy time on Exchange

6. Rename Inbox Name

7. Can't see Free/Busy time for other users

8. Exchange 5.0 and Internet Mail

9. mail delivery to a pst and having any user view free/busy time on Exchange

10. limit incoming mail to certain users during certain times

11. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

12. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

13. Certain clients not sharing free/busy data