How to change the Org and Site name on a exchange server 5.5

How to change the Org and Site name on a exchange server 5.5

Post by Matt Simmon » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 07:58:19

well i have these 3 exchange servers at this one company that has been
bought and the have to change the org name and site name on all 3 servers is
there a way to rename the org and stie with out downloading all the mail
local then setting up the new org names and site names

Thanks,
matt

Matt Simmons
GIM Electronics

How to change the Org and Site name on a exchange server 5.5

Post by Susa » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:26:21

you can rename the display name of the org, but not the site...only way to
really do this is a reinstall of Exchange on all 3 servers...

>well i have these 3 exchange servers at this one company that has been
>bought and the have to change the org name and site name on all 3 servers
is
>there a way to rename the org and stie with out downloading all the mail
>local then setting up the new org names and site names

>Thanks,
>matt

>Matt Simmons
>GIM Electronics

How to change the Org and Site name on a exchange server 5.5

Post by Andy David [MVP » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:27:47

Actually Susan, I think you can change the display name of the site as well.

> you can rename the display name of the org, but not the site...only way to
> really do this is a reinstall of Exchange on all 3 servers...

> >well i have these 3 exchange servers at this one company that has been
> >bought and the have to change the org name and site name on all 3 servers
> is
> >there a way to rename the org and stie with out downloading all the mail
> >local then setting up the new org names and site names

> >Thanks,
> >matt

> >Matt Simmons
> >GIM Electronics

How to change the Org and Site name on a exchange server 5.5

Post by Susa » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:00:04

hmmm...I never tried that...you're probably right...

>Actually Susan, I think you can change the display name of the site as
well.

>> you can rename the display name of the org, but not the site...only way
>> really do this is a reinstall of Exchange on all 3 servers...

>> >well i have these 3 exchange servers at this one company that has been
>> >bought and the have to change the org name and site name on all 3
servers
>> is
>> >there a way to rename the org and stie with out downloading all the mail
>> >local then setting up the new org names and site names

>> >Thanks,
>> >matt

>> >Matt Simmons
>> >GIM Electronics

How to change the Org and Site name on a exchange server 5.5

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:21:54

As others have told you, you can rename the display names of the org and
site, but doing that won't let you join them to an existing Exchange
organization.  To do that, you'll need a third-party tool or free tools like
Exmerge.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

Quote:> well i have these 3 exchange servers at this one company that has been

Post by Lee Derbyshir » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 18:09:15

Quote:> well i have these 3 exchange servers at this one company that has been
> bought and the have to change the org name and site name on all 3 servers
is
> there a way to rename the org and stie with out downloading all the mail
> local then setting up the new org names and site names

> Thanks,
> matt

> Matt Simmons
> GIM Electronics

The Move Server Wizard might do this for you. Look for it on your Exchange
Service Pack CD.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

1. How to change org/site name in Exchange 5.5 SP3

I'm going to setup a migration process from an old server Exchange 5.5 to a
new Exchange 2000 (new hardware).
Reading the white paper I've found some note about Invalid character in
Site/Org name of the Exchange 5.5 (i.e _, .)

I need to rename both site and org name. Is there any problems and does
someone know how to make it ?

Thanks

Sergio

2. Help! Want Outlook today at startup instead of Inbox

3. Impact of changing 5.5 org/site names?

4. Sub-domains

5. Site connectors when Organisation name is different/changing org name

6. Accessing old pub.edb and priv.edb files

7. Org, Site and Server name change

8. mail management

9. Changing Org/site/server/domain names

10. Impact of site/org name change?

11. site/org name change

12. Site and Org name changes

13. Org and site name change