Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server crashed after doing a critical update

Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server crashed after doing a critical update

Post by Michael G. Jone » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:03:16

I did a critical update from the Microsoft site and when
the server completed the restart all manner of strange
events began to happen.  Eventually we lost the entire
server and data.  I have talked to one other admin that
said there is a problem with the Critial Updates and
Exchange 5.5.  That there is a possilbe conflict that will
cause the server to crash.  Has anyone else expierenced
this problem?

Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server crashed after doing a critical update

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 07:19:06

Quote:> I did a critical update from the Microsoft site and when
> the server completed the restart all manner of strange
> events began to happen.  Eventually we lost the entire
> server and data.  I have talked to one other admin that
> said there is a problem with the Critial Updates and
> Exchange 5.5.  That there is a possilbe conflict that will
> cause the server to crash.  Has anyone else expierenced
> this problem?

I've never seen it occur. What operating system are you using?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP (Please keep discussion in the newsgroups so everyone can

Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server crashed after doing a critical update

Post by Ken Singleto » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 06:56:45

I too did the critical updates on Windows 2000 Advanced
server for 5.5 and now I have Inboxes not showing up
Calendar and Contacts missing and the inability to delete
mailboxes.

1. Exch 5.5 crashes after installing critical update

After installing one of those critical updates that come
through Windows Update, Exchange Internet Mail Service
crashes during start.  Too bad they don't show the install
date in Add/Remove Programs!  They all look the same there
so it is tough to determine which one to uninstall.

I've tried re-applying W2k SP3 and Exch SP4 to no avail.

Wouldn't mind going to Exch 2000 but I get that *&^%$
c1037aea error updating the ADC -- and yes, I have the
right permissions.

I've lost two days already on this, not to mention the
emails.

Here's the exact error:

msexcimc.exe Application Error

The instruction at "0x00447f34" referenced memory
at "0x00611370".  The memory could not be "read".

2. Remove/reinstall server?

3. Critical Update for Exchange Server 5.5 Required Before Installing Outlook 2003

4. more than one domain name

5. Installing critical updates on 5.5 / Windows 2000 SP3?

6. NTBACKUP and WINAT

7. Problems with IMC/mdbvu32 crashing Exchange 5.5 sp4

8. Problem connecting with macintosh client

9. Exchange 5.5 SP4 Restore After crash.

10. Exchange 2000 won't install Critical Updates

11. Exchange 2003 Messed Up After Today's Critical Updates

12. Exchange Critical Updates

13. Update from exchange 4.0 to 5.5 crashes