Some "troubles" with 5.5 SP1

Post by Paul Laddi » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Did you have the system attendant and Directory services running when you
ran isinteg -patch ?

>Well
>I Installed the SP1 and curiously all my performance counter disapeared in
>the performance monitor, except for Microsoft ES .
>And therefore, the scripting agent looks quite fool !!! I make a simple
>script that fires messages for New and Modified item in a public folder.
>Just something like "Created" and "Modified" strings that prints in the
>Script.Response.
>So if I modify an item, then the "Created" strings fires !! Great thing,
>very usefull...

>I've also many troubles with the Backup / Restore. I've spend a whole day
>attempting to restore a backup on another server with the same Organization
>and site name (I've followed the documentation)
>You can believe it or not, but I was unable to do it ! Neither with the
Data
>Backup, nor with an off-line backup. Each time I try the restore, the
>Information Store would not start and if I issue a Isinteg -patch command,
>get some funny messages telling me that
>DS_COMMUNICATION_PROBLEM, or db-file corrupted or not db-file and much
>pretty others.

>I think i've tried all the possible switches combination for Isinteg and
>Eseutil.

>Anyone could give help in Backup/Restore would be greatly appreciated
>Thanks

1. Please Help""""""""""""""

Dear All

Could you tell me if any problems reported on Exchange 5.5 with SP4 on
Windows2000 Server and analogue connection (DUN)

The reason of this question because since I upgraded exchange 5.5 sp3 to 4
my e-mails stock in the queue for very very long time or not delivered at
all.

2. TIP: E-mail address already exist on public folder

3. Exchange 5.5 SP1 "message journal" feature

4. Printing messages from Exchange

5. Trouble chaning the "From" name

6. Printing header info

7. Trouble setting up "Custom Address Lists"

8. How to setup EX 5.5 to Ex 2000

9. """"Microsoft Fax options""""

10. "Failed to get inbox", EX5 SP1 Web access

11. ""Exchange in Win98 ?????""

12. Does "IP Address Change" = "Big Trouble"?

13. Failure Audit "Security", "Directory Service Access", "565" on DC