Simple Mailing List using public folders

Simple Mailing List using public folders

Post by susa » Tue, 01 May 2001 08:01:58

Hi,

I am trying to set up a simple mailing list using public folders. I have a
couple of quick questions.

1  I made a public folder of of type contacts. It's called TaxandBus with

If  I send it an e-mail the mail beomes an item in the contacts folder. Is
that right? I guess it has to sit somewhere but it is funny to see e-mail in
a contacts list.

2. So the e-mail arrives and now I have to forward it onto the "subscribers"
to the Public Folder TaxandBuss - right?
I understand the auto-reply feature and such like but what I'm not sure is -
do I have make a distribution list within the contacts folder containing
each member of the contacts folder TaxandBuss or is there some why of
telling Exchange to forward to each individual contact in the folder, 'cos
if I have to make a distribution list I may miss adding someone later?

3. When I forward on the e-mail to the subscribers (or rather the contacts
in the public folder) the e-mail they receive has FW: before the subject.
How can I prevent this?

Thanks

Susan

1. Simple Mailing List using public folders

[...]

2. Only administrator

3. help w/ permissions to public folders using lists

4. Web Access ASP 0115 Error - Help

5. Using Public Folder Contact lists

6. Adding Exchange Servers to an existing site

7. contact lists (public folders) gone av using Server Move Wizard

8. Can't assign Task from Task Folder heirarchy

9. Using Public Folder Contact lists

10. contact lists (public folders) gone av using Server Move Wizard

11. help w/ permissions to public folders using lists

12. Using Public Folders in Distribution Lists

13. Incoming mail to mail enabled public folders form type uses