Moving mailboxes from an old server to a new server in a new site

Moving mailboxes from an old server to a new server in a new site

Post by Kees Huize » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

In the near future i need to install a new Exchange server for our company,
this server will have to be a new site (new organisation, new domain name
etc.), but i'm wondering how/if i will be able to move the mailbox data of
users to their mailboxes on the new server.

If i remember correctly it isn't possible to import all of the exchange
server data into the new server if the site is different from the old one,
but maybe there is a simple way to move everybody's mailbox contents into
their new mailboxes?

Kees Huizer

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,

> In the near future i need to install a new Exchange server for our company,
> this server will have to be a new site (new organisation, new domain name
> etc.), but i'm wondering how/if i will be able to move the mailbox data of
> users to their mailboxes on the new server.

Assuming you have ExchServ55
You can use Move Server wiz to rename Org and Site.
See FAQ at
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp.htm

Quote:

> If i remember correctly it isn't possible to import all of the exchange
> server data into the new server if the site is different from the old one,
> but maybe there is a simple way to move everybody's mailbox contents into
> their new mailboxes?

EXMERGE tool can do this for you.

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.

Post by Paul Robicha » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>In the near future i need to install a new Exchange server for our company,
>this server will have to be a new site (new organisation, new domain name
>etc.), but i'm wondering how/if i will be able to move the mailbox data of
>users to their mailboxes on the new server.

Two options:

1. Install your new server in the existing site, use Tools | Move
Mailboxes to move the mail, then use MSW to move the new server to the new
org/site.

2. Install the new server in the new org/site, then use exmerge to move
mailboxes.

Cheers,
-Paul

--

Robichaux & Associates <http://www.robichaux.net>
NT & Exchange deployment, planning, and consulting

1. After Server move to new Site - Server shows in old and new site

Organization consists of First Exchange server in main site EX5.5 STD
SP2 running IMC

4 Other sites each with one server over 64k leased lines.

2 servers are showing up both in the original site and in thier
correct site

Looks like the directory synchronisation is in a mess - can anyone
help with solutions for this

Would the Knowledge consistency checker be the correct tool to use ?

Any Thoughts , Suggestions welcomed

Thanks for any Assistance  Brian

2. Reversing the Display Name

3. moving mailboxes to new server in a new site

4. Automatic forward from Exchange 5.5 to AOL

5. moving logon and mailbox to a new server in a new site

6. emails are repeated

7. Moving Exchange to New Server, New Domain, New Site

8. Owa problem after secirity patch, doesnt display the mail.

9. Need Help Moving Mailboxes from Old Server to New Server

10. Moving Mailboxes From Old Exchange 2k Server to New Exchange 2k Server

11. Slow Performance after moving to a new site and moving to a new server

12. Exchange Server move from an older server to newer server

13. Exchange server move from older server to newer server