Setting newsfeed outbound port

Post by John Larse » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi There

I am trying to set up a push newsfeed to my ISP, but i have some problem
with the outbound feed. My ISP uses another port than 119

In Exchange 2000 you can set the outbound port in a dialog, is there
anything like this i Exchange 5.5. ?

John Larsen

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>I am trying to set up a push newsfeed to my ISP, but i have some problem
>with the outbound feed. My ISP uses another port than 119

>In Exchange 2000 you can set the outbound port in a dialog, is there
>anything like this i Exchange 5.5. ?

Yes, but it's a registry change. This MS KB article explains it:

XFOR: How to Change the NNTP Port [Q174199]

Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP