Replacing old exchange 5.5 server

Post by JPicket » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone had experience moving exchange server from an old server to a new
server?  The current server is a PDC running exchange, rightfax, ras, file &
print.  We will be moving exchange, rightfax, file & print to a new member
server, as well as maintaining the current box as pdc and ras.  Is this a
job for the move server wizard, or is it best to just install exchange
fresh, and join the existing site?

newsgroups.

Thanks

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 14 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Has anyone had experience moving exchange server from an old server to a new
> server?  The current server is a PDC running exchange, rightfax, ras, file &
> print.  We will be moving exchange, rightfax, file & print to a new member
> server, as well as maintaining the current box as pdc and ras.  Is this a
> job for the move server wizard,

No. MSW will RENAME Org and Site.

Quote:> or is it best to just install exchange
> fresh, and join the existing site?

Yes.
See FAQ

--
Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
Say YES to AMD at

Thanks.

Kirill S. Palagin

1. Replacing Old Exchange Servers With New Exchange Servers

We are currently in the process of swapping our old Exchange hardware and
putting in new servers. We make a backup of our Priv.EDB and Pub.EDB
nightly. What is the best course of action for putting in new Servers? One
suggestion is to install NT Server and Exchange on the new boxes and restore
the Priv.Edb, Pub.EDB and the Registry from the old machines. We also want
to keep the existing names.  Is this recommended? Are there any concerns or
issues I should consider first before I begin this task? I would appreciate
anyone's advice on how to go about this project. I would also greatly
appreciate any other approaches to this task.

2. MS Exchange Configuration

3. Replacing old Exchange Server with a New Server

4. SMTP problem

5. Replacing our Old exchange 2000 Server

6. OWA - Public Folders

7. Replace old exchange server to new one

8. POP3 connector for ms exchange server

9. Need help replacing old exchange server.

10. Replace old exchange-server

11. Replace old exchange server

12. Replacing old Exchange servers with new ones

13. Replacing our Old exchange 2000 Server