Exchange 5.0 clients no longer get notification of new mail

Exchange 5.0 clients no longer get notification of new mail

Post by Geir Johnny Aase » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Our Ex 5.5 server w.SP2 NTSP4 seems to no longer send the clients
a "new message" notification. It will take around 30 minutes from one
user sends a message to another user on the same server until the
"new mail" notification shows up.

A server restart solves the problem.

Anyone else seen this and know the reason?

Thanks a lot
Geir

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> Our Ex 5.5 server w.SP2 NTSP4 seems to no longer send the clients

What have changed?

Quote:

> a "new message" notification. It will take around 30 minutes from one
> user sends a message to another user on the same server until the
> "new mail" notification shows up.

What is the network protocol and network config?

Quote:

> A server restart solves the problem.

For how long?

Quote:

--
Please, no e-mail, unless it is really personal.
E-mail with Exchange-related problems will NOT be answered.

1. New Mail Notification in VB 5.0 from Exchange?

I am writing a program in VB 5.0 that is using Outlook 97 objects.  I am
trying to find a method of having an event sent to the application when
a new message arrives in the Inbox folder.  The client is attached to
Exchange and receives new messages as soon as they arrive at the server.

A search on www.deja.com turned up one article
(http://x28.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=324639594&CONTEXT=932779756.84410537...)
from 1? years ago with no online answer.  A browse through various
sources turned up a MAPI 'C' function called IExchExt.  However, I have
not been able to find anything for the VB world.  Does such a capability
exist?

TIA,
Robert Schaffrath

--
Robert G. Schaffrath, N2JTX
+1.516.759.4314

http://www.schaffrath.net

2. Establishing IMC Template information ....

3. New Mail Notification problem with Exchange 5.0 / Outlook

4. NOVICE questions

5. New Mail Notification in VB 5.0 from Exchange?

6. switch server, mailbox can't be created

7. New mail notification problem with Exchange 5.0 / Outlook

8. Accessing internet mail from Win31 client

9. New Mail Notification problem with Exchange 5.0 / Outlook

10. Getting old mail from Exchange 5.0 to a new server

11. New Mail Notification but no new mail!

12. New Mail Notification with No New Mail

13. New Mail Notification but no new mail!