Replace my Exchange 5.5 server

Post by Trond Nyl?kke » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 04:52:24

I am planing to replace my server with exchange 5.5 on. The server is altso
a BDC. What is the best way to do this. Is it to install it as a new server
in site, or just install nt and exchange on the new one with the same name
and IP and then copy files from exchange directory over .

Replace my Exchange 5.5 server

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 09:58:15

Quote:> I am planing to replace my server with exchange 5.5 on. The server is
> altso a BDC. What is the best way to do this. Is it to install it as a
> new server in site, or just install nt and exchange on the new one with
> the same name and IP and then copy files from exchange directory over .

Hello Trond,

Please review the FAQ in my signature. It depends if you plan on changing
the name or not. The information is pretty easy to find. Please post again
if you have any troubles.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

1. Replacing a Exchange 5.5 server

My setup is 3 Domain controllers on win2k, 2 of them have exchange 5.5
and the other is a data server. One of my Exchange servers is giving
me lots of trouble so decided it needs to be changed/upgraded. This
server was the first to be an exchange server. Apart from the
mailboxes, are there any settings or site roles which I need to
replicate or transfer to the other exchange server before I completely
remove the faulty one.

2. You have currently exceeded limit by xxxxx KB

3. Replacing lone Exchange 5.5 server

4. I need overview of Exchange "philosophy"?

5. Replacing old exchange 5.5 server

6. Replication of Mailboxes

7. Replacing existing Exchange 5.5 server

8. Domino Mail and Exchange Calendar

9. replace exchange 5.5 server with exchange 2000 server

10. guidelines for replacing exchange server 5.5

11. !!Help New Back Office Server to Replace Existing Exchange 5.5

12. Replacing an organizations 1st Exchange 5.5 server

13. I want to replace the PC running our Exchange 5.5 and NT server