That depends....did you transfer the PDC role to a BDC in your org? Did you
actually need to recreate all of your user accounts or did your restore your
SAM database from a backup? Is this your only Exchange server in this site?
Are you connected to other Exchange sites? This is relevant.
If you did not restore your SAM database or have a BDC that you promoted to
PDC, in other words, if you had to recreate your user accounts, here is what
you need to do.
You will need to reinstall Exchange
1. Install Exchange using the same Organization name as before. This info
can be found in your Exchange Server Setup.log file .
2. When prompted to join the existing site or create a new site, do NOT join
the existing site, but create a NEW site with the SAME name as on your
production box. (again this is in the Setup.log file)
3.Run Performance Optimizer. If you plan to restore from a backup tape, be
sure your database and log files are on the same drive letters as before.
4. Apply the same Service Pack as on your production server.
5. Stop the Information Store. Clear out the MDBDATA folder on ALL drives
of any log files or the edb.chk file. This folder on ALL drives should be
6. Restore the Information Store only (preferably from an offline copy)
7. If when starting the Store you receive a -1011 popup, go to a Command
Prompt and your Exchsrvr/Bin folder. Type "Isinteg -patch" without the
quotes. ONLY do this if prompted with the -1011. Normally this will not
occur if restoring from an online backup
8. Once the Information Store is started, you will have mailbox data but no
9. If you had any Recipient Containers that were not the Default, you need
to recreate them. For example a SALES subcontainer of your recipients
container for your Sales Dept.
10. Go to the Properties of your Server Name under the Servers Container and
the Advanced Tab. Select Consistency Adjuster. Check the top 2 options
Filter All Inconsistencies.
11. This will create you mailboxes. They will not be associated with
Primary Windows NT accounts. You will need to manually reassociate these
mailboxes with the appropriate accounts.
I just got back into the office. Please post again if you still need
assistance with this and also with this additional information.
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> Yes, I did rebuilt my PDC(my Exchange 5.5 server is
> installed on this PDC server as well). After that, I can
> not create any new email account any more, so I decide to
> reinstall the Exchnage 5.5 server and I got this error
> message. Could you tell me how can I fix it? Thanks a lot.
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Hi Tom,
> >Was your PDC rebuilt causing the SID for the service
> account to change?
> >Melissa Travers, MCSE
> >Microsoft Exchange Support
> >Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
> alias is for newsgroup
> >purposes only.
> >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.
> >> Hello,
> >> When I reinstall Exchange 5.5, I got the following error
> >> message: "no mapping between account name and security
> >> was done, ID no: 0xc0020534". Have anyone seen this
> >> before?
> >> thanks,
> >> tom