no mapping between account name and security IDs was done

no mapping between account name and security IDs was done

Post by Susa » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 06:07:50

what are you doing when this error comes up?  Why are you reinstalling?  Are
you recovering?

Quote:> Hello,

Post by tom » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 05:58:53

Hello,

When I reinstall Exchange 5.5, I got the following error
message: "no mapping between account name and security IDs
was done, ID no: 0xc0020534". Have anyone seen this
before?

thanks,
tom

no mapping between account name and security IDs was done

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 06:54:59

Hi Tom,

Was your PDC rebuilt causing the SID for the service account to change?

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q174/7/29.asp

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> Hello,

> When I reinstall Exchange 5.5, I got the following error
> message: "no mapping between account name and security IDs
> was done, ID no: 0xc0020534". Have anyone seen this
> before?

> thanks,
> tom

no mapping between account name and security IDs was done

Post by tom » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:19:58

I rebuilt my PDC server(my Exchange 5.5 server is
installed on the same server). After that, I can not
create any new email account, so I decide to reinstall the
Exchnage 5.5 server and I got this error message. thanks.

tom.

Post by Tom » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:15:14

Yes, I did rebuilt my PDC(my Exchange 5.5 server is
installed on this PDC server as well). After that, I can
not create any new email account any more, so I decide to
reinstall the Exchnage 5.5 server and I got this error
message. Could you tell me how can I fix it? Thanks a lot.

Tom.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Tom,

>Was your PDC rebuilt causing the SID for the service
account to change?

>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q174/7/29
.asp

>--
>Melissa Travers, MCSE
>Microsoft Exchange Support

>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This

alias is for newsgroup
>purposes only.

confers no rights.

>> Hello,

>> When I reinstall Exchange 5.5, I got the following error
>> message: "no mapping between account name and security
IDs
>> was done, ID no: 0xc0020534". Have anyone seen this
>> before?

>> thanks,
>> tom

>.

no mapping between account name and security IDs was done

Post by Susa » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:28:03

so you have a completely fresh install of the PDC and the Exchange server?
or did you try to restore something?  the directory?  did you not have a
backup of your SAM?  no BDC?

> I rebuilt my PDC server(my Exchange 5.5 server is
> installed on the same server). After that, I can not
> create any new email account, so I decide to reinstall the
> Exchnage 5.5 server and I got this error message. thanks.

> tom.

Post by tom » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 00:18:45

Hi Susan,

I did not completely fresh install of the PDC, I only
uninstall and reinstall the "DNS service" on my PDC. I did
not change anything on my Exchange Server either.

I did not have a backup of SAM, but I do have a BDC. Is
there anyway I can fix this? Thanks for the help.

regards,
Tom.

Post by Susa » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 00:28:36

I'm confused...uninstalling and reinstalling your DNS is not rebuilding the
PDC...you indicated in an earlier response that you rebuilt the pdc and
reinstalled Exchange?  When you reinstalled Exchange, did you use the same
account for the site services account?

> Hi Susan,

> I did not completely fresh install of the PDC, I only
> uninstall and reinstall the "DNS service" on my PDC. I did
> not change anything on my Exchange Server either.

> I did not have a backup of SAM, but I do have a BDC. Is
> there anyway I can fix this? Thanks for the help.

> regards,
> Tom.

Post by tom » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 01:20:50

Sorry about the confusion, when I said I rebuilt the PDC,
the only thing I did was uninstall and reinstall the DNS
service. Then I found out I can not create new email
account any more. So I try to reinstall the Exchange
server and got that error message. When I reinstall the
exchange server, the 'installation option' I select is to
overwrite the origional installation, so I guess I use the
same account for the site services account.

Tom

Post by tom » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 05:50:25

Hi Susan

Could you tell me how to reapply the permissions? Thanks.

tom

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>you cannot just "guess"...you need to know.  I would

suspect that you either
>did not use the same account, or that you need to reapply
permissions...

Post by Susa » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 05:04:42

you cannot just "guess"...you need to know.  I would suspect that you either
did not use the same account, or that you need to reapply permissions...

> Sorry about the confusion, when I said I rebuilt the PDC,
> the only thing I did was uninstall and reinstall the DNS
> service. Then I found out I can not create new email
> account any more. So I try to reinstall the Exchange
> server and got that error message. When I reinstall the
> exchange server, the 'installation option' I select is to
> overwrite the origional installation, so I guess I use the
> same account for the site services account.

> Tom

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 00:43:48

Hi Tom,

That depends....did you transfer the PDC role to a BDC in your org?  Did you
actually need to recreate all of your user accounts or did your restore your
SAM database from a backup?  Is this your only Exchange server in this site?
Are you connected to other Exchange sites?  This is relevant.

If you did not restore your SAM database or have a BDC that you promoted to
PDC, in other words, if you had to recreate your user accounts, here is what
you need to do.

You will need to reinstall Exchange

1. Install Exchange using the same Organization name as before.  This info
can be found in your Exchange Server Setup.log file .

2. When prompted to join the existing site or create a new site, do NOT join
the existing site, but create a NEW site with the SAME name as on your
production box.  (again this is in the Setup.log file)

3.Run Performance Optimizer.  If you plan to restore from a backup tape, be
sure your database and log files are on the same drive letters as before.

4. Apply the same Service Pack as on your production server.

5. Stop the Information Store.   Clear out the MDBDATA folder on ALL drives
of any log files or the edb.chk file.  This folder on ALL drives should be
empty.

6. Restore the Information Store only (preferably from an offline copy)

7.  If when starting the Store you receive a -1011 popup, go to a Command
Prompt and your Exchsrvr/Bin folder.  Type "Isinteg -patch" without the
quotes.  ONLY do this if prompted with the -1011.  Normally this will not
occur if restoring from an online backup

8. Once the Information Store is started, you will have mailbox data but no
mailboxes

9. If you had any Recipient Containers that were not the Default, you need
to recreate them.  For example a SALES subcontainer of your recipients
container for your Sales Dept.

10. Go to the Properties of your Server Name under the Servers Container and
the Advanced Tab.  Select Consistency Adjuster.  Check the top 2 options
Filter All Inconsistencies.

11. This will create you mailboxes.  They will not be associated with
Primary Windows NT accounts.  You will need to manually reassociate these
mailboxes with the appropriate accounts.

I just got back into the office.  Please post again if you still need
assistance with this and also with this additional information.

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

> Yes, I did rebuilt my PDC(my Exchange 5.5 server is
> installed on this PDC server as well). After that, I can
> not create any new email account any more, so I decide to
> reinstall the Exchnage 5.5 server and I got this error
> message. Could you tell me how can I fix it? Thanks a lot.

> Tom.

1. No mapping between account names and security ids was done

Hi all,

I got a really big problem, i installed sp3 voor exchange server 5.5 just
when it was finishing installation it aborted with the error "No mapping
between Account names and security ids was done"
On the microsoft site i found a simmular problem, only this problem was for
sp2, it said the solution for this problem was to start all services with
the exchange account instead of the system account, when looking at the
exchange services i saw that one service was starting as system and the rest
as administrator when trying to change to the exchange account the following
error stated "cannot set the startup parameters for the (any exchange
service) service
error 1057 occurred. The account name is invalid or does not exist.

The account name does exist and should work properly (not disabled), the
server works for sending and receiving e-mails but i can't add another
mailbox nore can i add e-mail addresses to an excisting account....:(

Thanks in advance,
Alexander Vogelaar

for reply via e-mail remove the  nospam.

2. Controlling display names

3. no mapping between account names and security IDs was done

4. Attachements (.doc files) are converted to .dot?

5. No mapping between account names and security ids was done (after installing sp3)

6. NT Backup

7. No mapping between account names and security ID was done

8. Is it possible to have Exhange Server 5.5 on a peer-to-peer networks??

9. Mapping Error between Account Names and Security IDs

10. No Mapping between account names and security IDs

11. No Mapping Between Account names and Security IDs

12. No Mapping between account Names and Security IDs

13. No mapping between account names and security IDs