DL members do not receive Internet email attachment

DL members do not receive Internet email attachment

Post by cw » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 07:09:22

Hi,

I have a question here:

We have a distribution list that's designed to receive
emaisl from vendors.  The members complained that none of
them received email attachment that vendor sent to this
distribution list.  However, when they asked the vendor to
send the same attachment to individual addresses, they can
receive it.  The attachments are MIME encoded.

What's wrong here?  Do we need to change some IMC
configuration to make the DL members to receive attachment
from Internet?  The DL has no limit on message size.

Thanks for your help/suggestions!!

CW

DL members do not receive Internet email attachment

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:53:59

Has a size restriction been placed on the DL?

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a question here:

> We have a distribution list that's designed to receive
> emaisl from vendors.  The members complained that none of
> them received email attachment that vendor sent to this
> distribution list.  However, when they asked the vendor to
> send the same attachment to individual addresses, they can
> receive it.  The attachments are MIME encoded.

> What's wrong here?  Do we need to change some IMC
> configuration to make the DL members to receive attachment
> from Internet?  The DL has no limit on message size.

> Thanks for your help/suggestions!!

> CW

DL members do not receive Internet email attachment

Post by cw » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:52:47

No Sir, as I mentioned, there is 'no limit' on the message
size on this DL.

Thanks for looking into it,
cw

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 01:52:48

Here are a few more things to check.....

Size retrcitions set at the IMS

Size restrictions set on connectors if the IMS are in
another site.

Delvery restrictions set at the IMS

Delivery restrictions set for the DL (If you put anything
in the "accept messages from" area, messages that come in
from the internet are explicitly denied, in which case an
ndr would have been sent to the sender)

If an expansion server is specified for the list, is that
server available?

>>> Hi,

>>> I have a question here:

>>> We have a distribution list that's designed to receive
>>> emaisl from vendors.  The members complained that none
>of
>>> them received email attachment that vendor sent to this
>>> distribution list.  However, when they asked the
vendor
>>> send the same attachment to individual addresses, they
>can
>>> receive it.  The attachments are MIME encoded.

>>> What's wrong here?  Do we need to change some IMC
>>> configuration to make the DL members to receive
>attachment
>>> from Internet?  The DL has no limit on message size.

>>> Thanks for your help/suggestions!!

>>> CW

>>.

>.

1. DL members do not receive Internet email attachemet

Hi,

Sorry I am re-posting this question.  Does anyone
experience this kind of problem before?  Could you give me
some hints to resolve it?

Thanks a LOT!!
Subject:  Re: DL members do not receive Internet email
attachment

8:52:47 PM

No Sir, as I mentioned, there is 'no limit' on the message
size on this DL.

Thanks for looking into it,
cw

2. Multiple Reminders ol97/2000

3. member of distribution list not receiving emails sent to list

4. Exchange 2000 List Serve products ... simple question, seeking urgent response

5. Not receiving email at 2nd Internet email address specified for user

6. Appointment Conflicts

7. DL member disappears from DL membership

8. FS: MSDN Universal Subscription (NEW)

9. Mail to DL members that are not mail enabled

10. DL not sending to members

11. Finding Recipients that are not members of DL

12. Attachments to all internet email received as WINMAIL.DAT

13. E2k - sending Internet email, not receiving!!!