Two user accounts/One e-mail address -help

Two user accounts/One e-mail address -help

Post by supermonke » Fri, 09 May 2003 02:21:07

Hi-  I have a user who has two user accounts in AD and one
e-mail address.  The account I want to delete has her
email address tied to it.  How do I associate her email
address with the second new user account so I can delete
the first one?

If I try to delete her first user account it wants to
delete the associated mail account also.

Two user accounts/One e-mail address -help

Post by Bill Gate » Fri, 09 May 2003 02:56:57

Why don't your forward the email address from the first account to the
second account?

Quote:> Hi-  I have a user who has two user accounts in AD and one
> e-mail address.  The account I want to delete has her
> email address tied to it.  How do I associate her email
> address with the second new user account so I can delete
> the first one?

> If I try to delete her first user account it wants to
> delete the associated mail account also.

Two user accounts/One e-mail address -help

Post by Philip Nun » Fri, 09 May 2003 04:01:51

So you have 2 accounts for 1 users.  Do you want to delete the old account
AND mailbox, but keep the smtp address of the old account and associate it
with the new, or do you want to delete the old account, keep the mailbox and
reconnect it to the new account?  more info.....

Phil

> Why don't your forward the email address from the first account to the
> second account?

> > Hi-  I have a user who has two user accounts in AD and one
> > e-mail address.  The account I want to delete has her
> > email address tied to it.  How do I associate her email
> > address with the second new user account so I can delete
> > the first one?

> > If I try to delete her first user account it wants to
> > delete the associated mail account also.

1. One Exchange Server, Two Domains, Two User Email Addresses

I have setup a Windows NT Small Business Server running Exchange
Server 5.5 for two domains.  Each user has two email addresses -

I have just added the extra email address to their mailbox.  I
have also set up the "routing" so that both domains
are "inbound".  The server is receiving and sending email
great.  What is the best way of setting up Outlook 2000 so the

so the user can select the other email address but exchange says
that I am duplicating the email address when I try to do this.
I also thought about setting up two profiles but they would both
only access one mailbox and thus the user will still not be able
to choose their "From field".

Another piece of advice you may be able to help me with - we are
using a router to send out emails and we forward all emails to
an email relay.  The problem with this is that as soon as
exchange receives the email then it just pushes it on to the
router and connects to the ISP.  Is it possible to have these
emails sent out on a schedule - like using a modem but in my
case a router??

Thankyou for all your help

2. Store.exe taking my processor.. just started...

3. two email accounts for one user

4. Outlook Web Access.

5. Two mail addresses one account

6. upgarde exchange 5.5 to 2000 prompt the following error ?

7. Creating two email addresses for one user...

8. TCP-IP MTA Transport

9. One User Account and Multiple Email Address

10. one POP account + two users = :(

11. two addresses for one account

12. Service account problem - two different accounts one server!!