Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

Post by Chri » Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:37:12

Hi ALL,

Anyone experiance this issues and have a quick fix? I'm running Winnt4.0
Server SP6, Exchange Server 5.5 SP3.
My Exchange Event Service fail each time I try to restart it. It give me an
error below. Beside this issue, My Exchange Server is running fine.
But this issues have to be correct.

Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Event Service services on
\\Domainname
Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred.

Before I try MS recommendation on:

Q190993 & Q270855

Oh...could this be my backup program ARCserveIT 6.61 causing this. I must
readed on this group, that very similar issues.

Thank you in advance for your advices.
Now on to trouble shooting time=)

Cheer!
Chris

Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

Post by MVP » Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:49:11

2140 is so vague, is there anything in the application log? Also, do you use
the event service? If not, disable it - it's not needed for any other
services in Exchange.
--
Susan VanAllen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Quote:> Hi ALL,

Post by MV » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 00:33:28

>Hi ALL,

>Anyone experiance this issues and have a quick fix? I'm running Winnt4.0
>Server SP6, Exchange Server 5.5 SP3.
>My Exchange Event Service fail each time I try to restart it. It give me an
>error below. Beside this issue, My Exchange Server is running fine.
>But this issues have to be correct.

>Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Event Service services on
>\\Domainname
>Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred.

>Before I try MS recommendation on:

>Q190993 & Q270855

>Oh...could this be my backup program ARCserveIT 6.61 causing this. I must
>readed on this group, that very similar issues.

>Thank you in advance for your advices.
>Now on to trouble shooting time=)

>Cheer!
>Chris

It won't be arcserve causing it but 2140 is a bit of a catch all.
Search application log for other (related) event entries
Mark Arnold MCSE MVP

Before U post... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

1. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred

Does anyone know what could be causing the Error 2140 when I try to start
the Microsoft Exchange Event Service?   It's not started yet the account
logon is correct... it is the same as the other Exchange services.

I can't seem to find a reference to this Error in any of my Exchange books
or Microsoft Knowledge Base support.

Thanks,
Doug

2. Arcserve Replication for Exchange

3. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT Error occurred

4. I Hate SPAM

5. Error 2140: Internal Windows NT error

6. Mailbox size limit exceded

7. Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error.....

8. How to move Exg user between two child domains?

9. Error 2140 Internal Windows NT Error ( German Version)

10. starting MTA Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred"

11. Starting ME Internet Mail Service gives error 2140 (Internal Windows Error)

12. error 2140: an Internal NT error occured