HELP: An unexpected MAPI error occurred...

HELP: An unexpected MAPI error occurred...

Post by Carlo » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 01:00:02

I have encountered a problem for which I would truly appreciate to get some
help.  I am running Exchange 5.5 with service pack 4 on Windows NT 4.0.

PROBLEM: The Event Service does not start and the following entry appears on
the event log:
EventID: 5
Source: MSExchangeES
Type: Error
Category: General
[0x80040604]. "

I have searched Microsoft's site for "0x80040604" but it returns no match.
I found some matches when searching for "An unexpected MAPI error occurred",
but the messages are related to other error codes such as 0x80004005,
0x80004001, 0x80040154 and these errors are unrelated.  I have uninstalled
and installed Exchange again with the service pack 4 (I think I've seen this
problem before with serv. pack 3 and the fix) and I get the same problem.

Any suggestion or help to this problem will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Carlos.