Deny sending email to one external email address or domain

Deny sending email to one external email address or domain

Post by Den Henrickso » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 00:20:38

For political reasons my company wants to disable sending email from within

how to universally deny messages coming in from an external address/domain
but is their a way to universally deny all outgoing email to a specific
address/domain.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Den Henrickson

Deny sending email to one external email address or domain

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 23:49:54

In IMC props/Connections tab/Message Delivery area click "By e-mail domain" and
enter home.com as forwarded to 1.1.1.1. Make sure that you do not have SMTP
relay software running on that IP address.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

Deny sending email to one external email address or domain

Post by Graham Hil » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 23:59:09

It's not an Exchange answer but I do it at my firewall. ;-)

Another non-Exchange answer of course is to identify who is sending and fire
them. (This answer is somewhat abbreviated, but you see the idea - write it
into your e-mail policy that they ain't to do this and get HR to call them
on it)

Lastly, an Exchange answer. (Yay!) Create a public folder (with appropriate

users type that name in Exchange says "Ah, I recognize that address, it's
that folder. I'll just zip it straight over without bothering the IMS."

Graham

> For political reasons my company wants to disable sending email from
within

> how to universally deny messages coming in from an external address/domain
> but is their a way to universally deny all outgoing email to a specific
> address/domain.

> Thanks in advance for your time.

> Den Henrickson

1. Getting NDR errors when sending emails to some external email addresses

Hi Folks,
    A user replied to an email and she got this error message "The
destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name
Service (DNS)."  A tried NSLOOKUP on our authoritative DNS server and I am
getting a "non-existent domain" error message.  I connected to a random
external name server and I can get through.  Any ideas?

2. Size Limits

3. How to send email to external email address

4. Moving Mailboxes to another Server in the same site

5. Sending External Email to an address with the same domain

6. Password Authentication Problem--POP3

7. double email sending through exchange to external email addresses

8. OWA & Public Folder Trees

9. cannot send email to one particular email address.

10. cant send emails to one particular email address

11. Relaying denied sending to outside email address?

12. Sending external emails to same domain name