Random e-mail assignments

Post by track.. » Tue, 09 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know how I can accomplish the following:

I recently designed  a lan for someone that includes Exchange server 5.5
and Outlook 97 as the mail client( have 24 x 7 ISDN connection to ISP).
I am designing a cgi (mail) script for the web site that will allow the
customer to input data then send it to the exchange server on the
clients lan. The part I need assistance with is this. How do I set
exchange up so that when someone from the web site sends the company an
email, this email will get generated on a desktop randomly IE: message 1
to salesperson A, message B to salesperson 2, and so on until we arrive
at Salesperson A again.

Can I set exchange to do this, or is this a function the cgio script
will handle.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Richard Clark

Random e-mail assignments

Post by Keith Meidli » Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Does the delivery have to be set by the server, or can the people
manage that. The reason I ask, is that I have the same kind of
situation here. I want to have an address that multiple people will
read and reply to... Bascially a webmaster address... I we aren't
using exchange yet, but it will be up soon. Anyway, this is what I
plan to do...

I would have a webmaster mail account that people can mail to. In the
permissions of the webmaster account, I include the people that can
read and send as webmaster.

 In the profile of the people that are the webmasters, I will add the
webmaster mailbox under their exchange server properties to open it
when they have their mail open.

This way it's not a group where everyone gets it, and the sender may
get multiple replys. Also it's a mailbox, and you can send as.

HTH...

Keith

>Does anyone know how I can accomplish the following:

>I recently designed  a lan for someone that includes Exchange server 5.5
>and Outlook 97 as the mail client( have 24 x 7 ISDN connection to ISP).
>I am designing a cgi (mail) script for the web site that will allow the
>customer to input data then send it to the exchange server on the
>clients lan. The part I need assistance with is this. How do I set
>exchange up so that when someone from the web site sends the company an
>email, this email will get generated on a desktop randomly IE: message 1
>to salesperson A, message B to salesperson 2, and so on until we arrive
>at Salesperson A again.

>Can I set exchange to do this, or is this a function the cgio script
>will handle.

>Any input is greatly appreciated.

>Richard Clark

1. All random emails to one mailbox?

I have 2 domains setup on my exchange 2k server.  I have a client who has 2
email addresses.  They want the ability to have anything other than those
accounts to be dropped into a seperate box.  How can I accomplish this?

Thank you for your time.

Paul Baker
Young but learning

2. Offline OST file

3. random inbound email failures, continuous Virtual server sessions

4. merge two exchange 5.5 servers

5. SMTP Service = Random emails

6. <<Time zone issue

7. Exch 5.5 - Cant send emails to few random addresses

8. Name exchange with other servers

9. Seemingly random delivery delay of email

10. Can't email random domain name

11. Seemingly random delivery delay of email

12. Random Multiple emails being recieved

13. random blank emails in Outlook2002 with Exchange2000