Email Forwarding

Email Forwarding

Post by Leon Dalio » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:19:14



Hi There

DOes anyone know if it's possible to setup email
forwarding on the server side for a domain user on a 2000
network (also running Exchange 2000). I know it is
possible to do so for a contact, but am unsure about the
method for a user.

Cheers

 
 
 

Email Forwarding

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 20:21:23


Here is an article that should help you out:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html

Hope this helps
--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP
www.exchangetrainer.com
www.msexchange.org
Chat with other Exchange junkies at http://www.exchangetrainer.com:8000

Quote:> Hi There

> DOes anyone know if it's possible to setup email
> forwarding on the server side for a domain user on a 2000
> network (also running Exchange 2000). I know it is
> possible to do so for a contact, but am unsure about the
> method for a user.

> Cheers


 
 
 

Email Forwarding

Post by Leon Dalio » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:45:28


Thanks for that... but it gets a bit untidy having two
objects for the one user in the Active Directory, so I
was wondering if it was possible to have that sort of
functionality in just the user properties.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Here is an article that should help you out:
>http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html

>Hope this helps
>--
>Mark Fugatt
>Microsoft Exchange MVP
>www.exchangetrainer.com
>www.msexchange.org
>Chat with other Exchange junkies at

http://www.exchangetrainer.com:8000


>> Hi There

>> DOes anyone know if it's possible to setup email
>> forwarding on the server side for a domain user on a
2000
>> network (also running Exchange 2000). I know it is
>> possible to do so for a contact, but am unsure about
the
>> method for a user.

>> Cheers

>.

 
 
 

Email Forwarding

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 10:34:25


No, if you want it to be server based then you will need to create the
contact.

--
Mark Fugatt

> Thanks for that... but it gets a bit untidy having two
> objects for the one user in the Active Directory, so I
> was wondering if it was possible to have that sort of
> functionality in just the user properties.

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Here is an article that should help you out:
> >http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html

> >Hope this helps
> >--
> >Mark Fugatt
> >Microsoft Exchange MVP
> >www.exchangetrainer.com
> >www.msexchange.org
> >Chat with other Exchange junkies at
> http://www.exchangetrainer.com:8000


> >> Hi There

> >> DOes anyone know if it's possible to setup email
> >> forwarding on the server side for a domain user on a
> 2000
> >> network (also running Exchange 2000). I know it is
> >> possible to do so for a contact, but am unsure about
> the
> >> method for a user.

> >> Cheers

> >.

 
 
 

1. Sending email using OWA and email forwarding

I'm running exchange 5.5 SP2 and OWA.  Whenever a user tries to send email
outside our company using OWA - the email immediately gets returned with an
NDR.  If they use an email client i.e., Outlook Express, Outlook, etc. they
can send email to anyone outside the company just fine.  There are no
restrictions set on any accounts.

Also, I'm having trouble forwarding email.  I have created custom recipients

added the custom recipient to the forwarding option on the recipients
delivery options area and had it send a copy to both.  In otherwords



immediately returned with an NDR.  If I send an email to

tried creating rules in Outlook with the exact same result.

Help please on either problem.  I think they may be related.  Below is a
typical return report for both problems
Your message


  Subject: test to pager
  Sent:    Tue, 17 Aug 1999 07:11:31 -0500

did not reach the following recipient(s):


    The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=OurCompany;l=server-990817121131Z-24
    MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:Ourco:SERVER

Thanks for any help!

2. Help with Exchange Client

3. WebDAV: urn:schemas:httpmail:to

4. problem with email forwarding

5. System Manager from workstation

6. Email Forwarding - Exchange 5.5

7. HELP Internet mail Service wont start

8. Email forwarding?

9. Email Forwarding issues

10. domain email forwarding

11. Outgoing email forwarding

12. Email forwarding