Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

Post by Michael Olse » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

exchange 5.5 sp3

outlook 2000

under outlook send/receive there is an option to send/receive free/busy
information ( I would assume this means NOW, not in the default 15
minutes. )

however it is grayed out..

anyone know how to enable this?

What are others doing for quicker free/busy information published?  doesn't
it cause confusion if someone tries to schedule a resource within the same
15 minutes?? I have changed to 5 minutes, but don't know if it will
adversely affect the network performance.

thanks

mike

Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

    It's grayed out because you haven't told Outlook where to publish the
information.  Go to Tools/Options/Preferences/Calendar Options/Free/Busy
Options, and check the box that says 'Publish my free/busy information:',
and enter a URL in the box provided below.  Now the option will be
available.  When you're connected to an Exchange server, though, there's no
need to manually publish your free/busy time; it's updated every 15 minutes,
by default.

Quote:> exchange 5.5 sp3

> outlook 2000

> under outlook send/receive there is an option to send/receive free/busy
> information ( I would assume this means NOW, not in the default 15
> minutes. )

> however it is grayed out..

> anyone know how to enable this?

> What are others doing for quicker free/busy information published?
doesn't
> it cause confusion if someone tries to schedule a resource within the same
> 15 minutes?? I have changed to 5 minutes, but don't know if it will
> adversely affect the network performance.

> thanks

> mike

1. Lost my Free/Busy database (Schedule+ Free and Busy public folder)

Hello,

While migrating my Exchange I didn't replicate the "Schedule+ Free and
Busy public folder".
Now my users can't see the free/busy info anymore and constantly get
annoyed with a pop-up message saying that the free/busy data is
unavailable.

Anyone knows how to rebuild this Schedule+ Free and Busy public
folder???

Sincerly,

David

2. NT MTA

3. Problem With Showing Free / Busy Information

4. Multiple login prompts in OWA

5. Problems booking a resource due to free + busy information

6. Importing directory

7. Problem With Showing Free / Busy Information

8. OWA Procedures

9. Problem: Free/busy information after upgrade from 5.5

10. Inconsistant free/busy information problem

11. Problem with Schedule + Free Busy Information Folder?

12. Problem: Free/busy information after upgrade from 5.5

13. Outlook, Free\Busy problem, Unable to view calendar information