problem

Post by bosh » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 04:54:15

I  our company we use exchange2000 as the mail server. we
are having 128kbps connection to the internet. from the
time we have exchange200 , when somebody is sending a mail
with about 500kb attachment to about 50 people(customers),
the whole thing get struck and nobody could surf the net
or no mails going out and in.
well, as i understand that its because of the size of the
mail. but how could i avoid this. if somebody could tell
me how to configure the server , i will be greatful to you.

thanks
bosh

problem

Post by Jim Matthew » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 05:41:45

Go to Virtual Server Properties --> Messages tab

You can set limits to size of messages and number of recipients

Quote:> I  our company we use exchange2000 as the mail server. we
> are having 128kbps connection to the internet. from the
> time we have exchange200 , when somebody is sending a mail
> with about 500kb attachment to about 50 people(customers),
> the whole thing get struck and nobody could surf the net
> or no mails going out and in.
> well, as i understand that its because of the size of the
> mail. but how could i avoid this. if somebody could tell
> me how to configure the server , i will be greatful to you.

> thanks
> bosh

1. Syn problem, archive problem, and smtp problem

Hi,
    I have three problems with my server.
1) Synchronization problem in the background during the inbox folder or sent
item folder for some clients, I know it is not the clients because it
happened to some of new installations of Outlook where nothing is wrong with
the client computer.

2) Can't move or archive some folders to pst because "some files are deleted
or corrupted".  Is there a way to fix this or to find out which item is
causing the problem?

3) Is there a way to stop people logging on the smtp server and send email
using a fake email address?  I can't turn on authorentication because that
will stop incoming email.

Any help will be appreciated!

-John

2. Outlook web access

3. 2 Calendars problem and Encoding problem

4. Changing Client Permissions on the EventsRoot folder

5. STILL PROBLEM - Running Outlook without being logged on to the domain PROBLEM

6. Disable Calendar Function

7. PROBLEM - Running Outlook without being logged on to the domain PROBLEM

8. Shared Contact List

9. Major SP2 problem: Replyability problem after migration from E55 to E2K

10. Exchange 2000 server move problems: suspect active directory as root problem

11. OWA display problems and sending problems

12. OWA - Minor Problem - Strange problem

13. OWA - Minor problem - Strange problem