Distribution List question

Post by Rehan Khwaj » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

We have numerous contacts in a public folder.  We'd like to collect some of
them into a distribution list dynamically (ie if mail addresses are updated
in the contact item, we'd like them to be automatically updated when someone
sends to distribution list)

What's the best way to do this?

What I'm thinking of doing is sending stuff to a public folder which then
has a rule on it to forward incoming mail to whoever we'd like on the
distribution list.  This works when forwarding to people on the Global
Address List but it can't resolve the names when they come from a contacts
folder.  Will installing the Outlook Address Book service on the server
overcome this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Distribution lists (question)

I have great difficulty finding a sensible way of handling distribution
lists with Exchange / Outlook. As it happens, I am responsible for a web
baset service with registered users, and I often have to mail the users.
However, the only way I have been able to do so is by importing an address
list, compose a mail and pick the recipients manually. What I would like to
do, is to import tha mail-addresses to a distribution list. How can that be
done?
--
Hallvard Mller   |   Benefit Network AS
Tlf. 67 82 95 22  |  mobil: 975 80 369

Adr.: Strandgaten 30, 1366 Lysaker

2. Info store and MTA

3. Distribution List Question

4. # of messages on OST do not match # of messages on Exchsrvr5.5

5. distribution list question

6. Bulk Import/export in exchange2000 on win2k server

7. Distribution List Question

8. one Exchange Server serving multiple domain

9. Distribution list question

10. Distribution List Question

11. Distribution list question