Delivery Restrictions Distribution Groups

Delivery Restrictions Distribution Groups

Post by pvzog.. » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

We have a Windows NT Server 4.0 SP6a with
Exchange 5.5 SP3.

I can set delivery restrictions on a mailbox,
this works fine.
When I set delivery restrictions on a
Distribution List, the mail is send as if I
didn't set the delivery restrictions.

Many Thanks in advance.

Paul van Zoggel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Delivery Restrictions Distribution Groups

Post by Bart Koopma » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

On the mailbox, or on the connector with the mailbox?
Same for DL?

Bart Koopman

Quote:> We have a Windows NT Server 4.0 SP6a with
> Exchange 5.5 SP3.

> I can set delivery restrictions on a mailbox,
> this works fine.
> When I set delivery restrictions on a
> Distribution List, the mail is send as if I
> didn't set the delivery restrictions.

> Many Thanks in advance.

> Paul van Zoggel

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Delivery Restrictions Distribution Groups

Post by pvzog.. » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi Bart,

I set the delivery restrictions on the DL.

I set a delivery restriction on a Distribution List so that I cannot
sent E-mail to this Distribution List with an account for
example "Zoggel, Paul van"
Now I log in as "Zoggel, Paul van" (without administrator rights) and
send a mailmessage to the Distribution List. This E-mail is sent to
everybody in this Distribution List eventhough I set a delivery
restriction on the Distribution List for "Zoggel, Paul van"

Paul van Zoggel

> On the mailbox, or on the connector with the mailbox?
> Same for DL?

> Bart Koopman

> > We have a Windows NT Server 4.0 SP6a with
> > Exchange 5.5 SP3.

> > I can set delivery restrictions on a mailbox,
> > this works fine.
> > When I set delivery restrictions on a
> > Distribution List, the mail is send as if I
> > didn't set the delivery restrictions.

> > Many Thanks in advance.

> > Paul van Zoggel

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Distribution Lists and Delivery Restrictions

Keep in mind two points.

1.  Changes made to dl's on one server DO need to replicate to the rest.

2. Any permission changes may take up 120 minutes to take effect due to
caching of information store by the directory, and the default refresh
interval of 120 minutes.

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

2. Exchange Admin, RAS and UPS

3. Delivery Restrictions on Distribution List Help??

4. Deny all mail from a certain emailadress

5. Distribution List Delivery Restrictions Bug

6. Exchange & Active Directory Question

7. delivery restrictions in distribution lists

8. how to use Exchange 2000 server for downloading mail

9. Delivery Restrictions on Distribution Lists

10. delivery restrictions in distribution lists

11. Distribution Group Restriction

12. distribution group access restriction

13. Stopping expansion of Delivery notifications from Distribution Groups (DL's) - E2K