Via Exchange, Outlook Express will not send to internet mail addresses

Post by Mark Whalin » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Using Exchange 5.5:

Outlook 2000 is working on the LAN to send/receive Intra-company and
internet email.  Using Outlook 2000, I can send/receive mail via Exchange

Outlook Express connected via the NET allows send/receive of Intra-company
email.  Internet-sent email also arrives fine.  BUT, I can't send email from
Outlook Express to other internet addresses.  This is the 'return' message

Your message

  Subject: TEST
  Sent:    Sat, 25 Mar 2000 21:54:05 -0800

    The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Cheque-Mate
Inte;l=WWW0003260557H40084BA
    MSEXCH:IMS:Cheque-Mate International, Inc.:www.payrollnews.com:WWW 0
(000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

Is this a config issue with IMS on Exchange?

Thanks,

Mark Whaling

Via Exchange, Outlook Express will not send to internet mail addresses

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Read today's posts.

> Using Exchange 5.5:

> Outlook 2000 is working on the LAN to send/receive Intra-company and
> internet email.  Using Outlook 2000, I can send/receive mail via Exchange

> Outlook Express connected via the NET allows send/receive of Intra-company
> email.  Internet-sent email also arrives fine.  BUT, I can't send email from
> Outlook Express to other internet addresses.  This is the 'return' message

> Your message

group).

Kirill

Via Exchange, Outlook Express will not send to internet mail addresses

Post by Mark Whalin » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

That did it, thanks for your help!

Mark

1. Can send mail to internel clients but not Internet email _ Outlook Express

Hi,

I have this problem that I can't find the answer to.  I've been playing with
Outlook Express at home to access an email box.  From Outlook Express, I can
send email to anyone on the exchange server, receive emails from anyone on
the exchange server, and receive outside emails.  When I send an outside
email, I receive the following error immediately:

message

  Sent:    Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:21:51 -0600

    The recipient name is not recognized

Any suggestions?  Outlook 98/2000 clients in the office have no problems
with outside emails.

Thanks,

Marc Heiland

2. Folders do not refresh

3. Sending Internet mail with internet mail user ID not exchange ID through Outlook 2000 - A solution

4. Log Files

5. Help! Cannot send E-Mail via Outlook Express

6. Blocking Emails

7. HELP: using outlook sends mail fine, but not outlook express

8. Message filtering with Exch 5.5 doesn't work.

9. Sending email via Exchange from outlook express.

10. EXCHANGE 5.5 & Sending Via Outlook Express

11. Outlook Express on can not send mail out

12. Can not send mail from Outlook Express

13. Outlook client via INet can not send to external address