Basic newbie question

Post by Ross Edward » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:00:00

OK All I want to do is share some Excel files in a public folder so that
many people can edit them and all have the most recent copy.  I can have
users post each time they update, but can it be done my way?

Thanks,

Ross.

Basic newbie question

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> OK All I want to do is share some Excel files in a public folder so that
> many people can edit them and all have the most recent copy.  I can have
> users post each time they update, but can it be done my way?

    Create a public folder containing Mail Items.  In Excel (at least Excel
2000), create the worksheet, and then to save it, use the File/Send
To/Exchange Folder... option.  This will save the sheet directly in the
folder (as opposed to an attachment in a message in the folder); users will
simply double-click it to open it and edit it.

Basic newbie question

Post by dros » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Sure, Just create the folder under Public Folders and Insert the Excel file.
If needed, assign permissions as needed.