Help removing first server in exchange 5.5

Help removing first server in exchange 5.5

Post by Prospe » Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:08:45

I  had to rebuild my exchange server. I bought a new
server and added it to the same site as the old server. I
copied all the mailboexes to the new server and want to
remove the first server in my site. I followed all the
role changes but the conectors have not changed. If
anyone can help I would apprieciate any and all help.
Thank You

Help removing first server in exchange 5.5

Post by Martin Blackston » Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:33:42

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 152959

--
Martin Blackstone
MVP - Exchange

http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm

Quote:> I  had to rebuild my exchange server. I bought a new
> server and added it to the same site as the old server. I
> copied all the mailboexes to the new server and want to
> remove the first server in my site. I followed all the
> role changes but the conectors have not changed. If
> anyone can help I would apprieciate any and all help.
> Thank You

1. Removed the first Exchange server in a site without replication first

We've removed the first Exchange server in a site without replicating the
Offline Address Book folder and Schedule+ Free Busy Information folder.  Now
we encounter the problem to generate the OAB and view others' free/busy
schedule.  Is there any workaround for this case?  Thanks in advance.

2. LAN messages

3. Outlook98 - PPTP - Exchange v5.5 Connection Problems

4. Exception in setup.exe

5. Echange 5.0 I can't send MS mail

6. Remove First Exchange 5.5 Server?

7. Removing the first lonely server of the first site of the Org

8. Removing first Exh 5.5 server in site

9. Uninstalling/Removing first echange server - Help!