message stuck in inbound queue

Post by willia » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

hi,

in our server's "inbound messages awaiting delivery" queue, there is a
message header that seems to be stuck.  when i first saw the message, i hit
[details] and it told me the details of the message, i went and found it in
the queue directories and (since it was spam anyway), went back to the IMS
properties and deleted it...  hit [refresh] a few times... went back to the
queue folder and the message was gone, but i still have the header stuck in
my queue list... although now when i hit [details] it says that it has been
delivered or deleted and to hit refresh again...  but its still there.

the server is running exch 5.5 sp3/nt 4 sp6.

anyway, it's not causing problems, but it's starting to annoy me...  if
anyone has any information on how to remove this, i would greatly appreciate
it!

thanks!  - will

message stuck in inbound queue

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Stop IMS, delete \exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat file, start IMS.

> hi,

> in our server's "inbound messages awaiting delivery" queue, there is a
> message header that seems to be stuck.  when i first saw the message, i hit
> [details] and it told me the details of the message, i went and found it in
> the queue directories and (since it was spam anyway), went back to the IMS
> properties and deleted it...  hit [refresh] a few times... went back to the
> queue folder and the message was gone, but i still have the header stuck in
> my queue list... although now when i hit [details] it says that it has been
> delivered or deleted and to hit refresh again...  but its still there.

> the server is running exch 5.5 sp3/nt 4 sp6.

> anyway, it's not causing problems, but it's starting to annoy me...  if
> anyone has any information on how to remove this, i would greatly appreciate
> it!

> thanks!  - will

group).

Kirill

message stuck in inbound queue

Post by willia » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

hi,

thanks for the suggestion: i tried it, and when that didn't work, i deleted
the queue.dat & queue.bad files (only deleted the .dat the 1st time)...

but the entry in the IMS properties is still there when i start it back up.

- will

>Stop IMS, delete \exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat file, start IMS.

>> hi,

>> in our server's "inbound messages awaiting delivery" queue, there is a
>> message header that seems to be stuck.  when i first saw the message, i
hit
>> [details] and it told me the details of the message, i went and found it
in
>> the queue directories and (since it was spam anyway), went back to the
IMS
>> properties and deleted it...  hit [refresh] a few times... went back to
the
>> queue folder and the message was gone, but i still have the header stuck
in
>> my queue list... although now when i hit [details] it says that it has
been
>> delivered or deleted and to hit refresh again...  but its still there.

>> the server is running exch 5.5 sp3/nt 4 sp6.

>> anyway, it's not causing problems, but it's starting to annoy me...  if
>> anyone has any information on how to remove this, i would greatly
appreciate
>> it!

>> thanks!  - will

>--
>If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in
>group).
>And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

>Kirill

message stuck in inbound queue

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Anything interesting in App Event log (source MSExchangeIMC)?

> hi,

> thanks for the suggestion: i tried it, and when that didn't work, i deleted
> the queue.dat & queue.bad files (only deleted the .dat the 1st time)...

> but the entry in the IMS properties is still there when i start it back up.

> - will

> >Stop IMS, delete \exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat file, start IMS.

> >> hi,

> >> in our server's "inbound messages awaiting delivery" queue, there is a
> >> message header that seems to be stuck.  when i first saw the message, i
> hit
> >> [details] and it told me the details of the message, i went and found it
> in
> >> the queue directories and (since it was spam anyway), went back to the
> IMS
> >> properties and deleted it...  hit [refresh] a few times... went back to
> the
> >> queue folder and the message was gone, but i still have the header stuck
> in
> >> my queue list... although now when i hit [details] it says that it has
> been
> >> delivered or deleted and to hit refresh again...  but its still there.

> >> the server is running exch 5.5 sp3/nt 4 sp6.

> >> anyway, it's not causing problems, but it's starting to annoy me...  if
> >> anyone has any information on how to remove this, i would greatly
> appreciate
> >> it!

> >> thanks!  - will

> >--
> >If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
> (in
> >group).
> >And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> >Kirill

group).

Kirill

message stuck in inbound queue

Post by willia » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

unfortunately, i've already deleted the logs for that period (the stuck msg
is timestamped in the IMS for about 2 months ago - time to start saving them
logs for longer, i guess)... but i didn't notice anything out of the
ordinary when i reviewed them...

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>unfortunately, i've already deleted the logs for that period (the stuck msg
>is timestamped in the IMS for about 2 months ago - time to start saving them
>logs for longer, i guess)... but i didn't notice anything out of the
>ordinary when i reviewed them...

If the message is in the "Inbound awaiting delivery" queue then it's
in the MTS-IN folder. Try this MS KB article:

XFOR: How to View or Delete Messages in MTS-IN and MTS-OUT Queue
[Q165505]

The MDBVU32.EXE and associated files are found on the Exchange server
CD.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

message stuck in inbound queue

Post by willia » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

hi rich,

i followed the Q article to the letter...  well, as much of it as
possible...  here's what happened:

while logged in using the exchange/IMS account, i created the new MAPI
profile ok (i even verified this later by taking a look at the windows
messaging subsystem registry entries), but the mdbvu32.exe program doesn't
show the profile, it only shows "NULL" and "Parent hWnd == 130210", neither
of which allow me to access the private folders when i open the message
store under the MDB menu.

any thoughts?

thanks - will

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>while logged in using the exchange/IMS account, i created the new MAPI
>profile ok (i even verified this later by taking a look at the windows
>messaging subsystem registry entries), but the mdbvu32.exe program doesn't
>show the profile, it only shows "NULL" and "Parent hWnd == 130210", neither
>of which allow me to access the private folders when i open the message
>store under the MDB menu.

>any thoughts?

Did you check the MAPI_NEW_SESSION and MAPI_EXPLICIT_PROFILE boxes?

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

message stuck in inbound queue

Post by willia » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

no and yes...  the Q article didn't mention checking the MAPI_New_Session,
but that's what the problem was there...

however the MTS-IN and -OUT folders (and subfolders) are all empty...
there's apparently nothing "stuck" in the MTS queues.

any other ideas?

thanks - will

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>no and yes...  the Q article didn't mention checking the MAPI_New_Session,
>but that's what the problem was there...

>however the MTS-IN and -OUT folders (and subfolders) are all empty...
>there's apparently nothing "stuck" in the MTS queues.

>any other ideas?

If you've already deleted the imcdata\queue.dat file, removed the
files from the imcdata\in directory, verified that the MTS-IN and
MTS-OUT folders are empty, then ther's only one place left to look --
the BAD folder (also in the PRIV.EDB file).

If there's nothing in there then you've pretty much covered the IMS
and IMAIL2 stuff. Before moving on the the PRIV.EDB itself as a source
of the problem try a few more things:

Try setting the IMS "Connections" to "None (Flush Queues)" and then
starting the IMS. If it doesn't die after, say, ten minutes, set the
mode to "Outbound Only" and restart the IMS. If it still runs, set it
to "Inbound Only" and restart it.

If it dies when you set it to Inbound, and the imcdata\in directory
was empty when you started the service then the problem must be a
message the store just received.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. message stuck in inbound queue (repost)

[...]

2. OWA ASP Errors

3. Messages Stuck in Inbound Queue

4. Looking for Exchange Setup Guru in London,UK

5. Message stuck on the IMC Inbound Queue (Exchange 5.5)

6. Access to mailboxes through outlook

7. Inbound queue stuck

8. POP3 Problems after installing SP2 on a stand-alone e2k-server

9. inbound mail stuck in queue

10. Inbound message stuck

11. Messages Stuck...inbound awaiting conversion...

12. Pending messages stuck in Inbound IMS Inbound queue! How do I?

13. Internet Mail Queue - Mail does not leave the queue all the time - Seem to get stuck