NDR's on attachments due to size restrictions

NDR's on attachments due to size restrictions

Post by Drunken Germa » Thu, 17 May 2001 06:39:52

I have no size restrictions set on IMS on General tab or at mailbox level,
yet if i try to recieve an email with a file larger than 2mb it fails.

Any ideas where else I might look for the problem?

Thanks much!

NDR's on attachments due to size restrictions

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 17 May 2001 07:10:12

Any firewalls between your Exchange and and the Internet?

> I have no size restrictions set on IMS on General tab or at mailbox level,
> yet if i try to recieve an email with a file larger than 2mb it fails.

> Any ideas where else I might look for the problem?

> Thanks much!

NDR's on attachments due to size restrictions

Post by Jen » Thu, 17 May 2001 08:37:38

Did you check the mta size restriction on your server?

--
Jennifer Baker
IT Comm

www.fluke.com
Keeping Your World Up and Running
www.flukenetworks.com
Cisco Systems and Microsoft Partner

Quote:> I have no size restrictions set on IMS on General tab or at mailbox level,
> yet if i try to recieve an email with a file larger than 2mb it fails.

> Any ideas where else I might look for the problem?

> Thanks much!

NDR's on attachments due to size restrictions

Post by Drunken Germa » Fri, 18 May 2001 07:26:35

Yes I am running a firewall a watchguard with an SMTP proxy. No size
restrictions there and I don't think its possible anyway on the proxy
service.

Where do I check for the MTA size restriction setting?

thanks

Post by Drunken Germa » Fri, 18 May 2001 07:27:11

Yes I am running a firewall a watchguard with an SMTP proxy. No size
restrictions there and I don't think its possible anyway on the proxy
service.
Where is settings for MTA size restrictions?

Quote:> I have no size restrictions set on IMS on General tab or at mailbox level,
> yet if i try to recieve an email with a file larger than 2mb it fails.

> Any ideas where else I might look for the problem?

> Thanks much!

NDR's on attachments due to size restrictions

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 18 May 2001 08:06:50

What is your domain?

> Yes I am running a firewall a watchguard with an SMTP proxy. No size
> restrictions there and I don't think its possible anyway on the proxy
> service.
> Where is settings for MTA size restrictions?

> > I have no size restrictions set on IMS on General tab or at mailbox level,
> > yet if i try to recieve an email with a file larger than 2mb it fails.

> > Any ideas where else I might look for the problem?

> > Thanks much!

NDR's on attachments due to size restrictions

Post by Drunken Germa » Sat, 19 May 2001 01:02:55

I found  the problem. It turns out it was the firewall. Exchange was set
properly. Thanks for all you suggestions

> What is your domain?

> > Yes I am running a firewall a watchguard with an SMTP proxy. No size
> > restrictions there and I don't think its possible anyway on the proxy
> > service.
> > Where is settings for MTA size restrictions?

> > > I have no size restrictions set on IMS on General tab or at mailbox
level,
> > > yet if i try to recieve an email with a file larger than 2mb it fails.

> > > Any ideas where else I might look for the problem?

> > > Thanks much!

1. Size restriction problem where there's no restriction

We are having a strange problem receiving email with large
attachments eventho we don't have any size restriction on
the server, mailboxes or the firewall.

Any files that are sent over 900K just disappear.  They
never reach the firewall (Astaro),(at least it's not
logged) nor do it reach the mailboxes.

Save sent records are recorded from the sending mail box.

Our ISP only points our mail to the server, they don't
regulate the size of it.  Has anyone seen anything like
this?  Or can make suggestions to help our problem?

2. Address Books in Exchange

3. NDR'S NDR'S and More NDR'S

4. Exchange Server hogs resources?

5. Send Receive Size Restrictions Cause NDR

6. OWA Inbox "Loading"

7. Email could not ber delivered due to big size attachment

8. Intranet setup problem......

9. email could not be send due to big size attachment

10. Can't deliver due to message size

11. message/attachment size restrictions

12. Can't open attachments in NDR's

13. NDR's with attachment of the original message