install mailboxes on separate volume???

Post by Joey » Fri, 02 May 2003 23:39:13

I want to install the program files on my c: drive and
the mailboxes on my d: drive.

how do I set this up?

install mailboxes on separate volume???

Post by MSFT » Sat, 03 May 2003 01:56:18

Joey,

If you are using 5.5, you can use the optimizer to move the information
store to a different drive (post installation)

If you are using 2000, you can move the mailbox store using ESM.  Go to the
properties of the mailbox store-->database tab and browse to a new location.
Be sure to move the associated .stm file with the edb file. (not required,
but recommended)

--
Paul Williamson
MS Enterprise Messaging Support

DISCLAIMER:

1. Mac Exchange Client without installing Mac Services/Volume

Is it possible to use the Mac Exchange client (any of the
Exchange/Outlook clients) without having to install Mac Services or
volumes on my Exchange 5.5 server? The Macs are configured to use
TCP/IP across the network.

We have had good luck using the "Dave" network connectivity tools to
access our NT shares, but we have failed to connect to the Exchange
server.

2. Cross site meeting requests not seeing free\busy information from other sites in same organization.

3. moving mailboxes to different volume

4. IMAP not working

5. Installing OWA on separate server

6. Importing Addresses in MAC Client

7. Installed exch2k to C: but want on separate drive

8. Exchange 5.5 Directory and SQL Interaction

9. exch 5.5 installed on separate server w2k

10. Installing OWA on a Separate Box

11. Installing OWA 2000 on separate server than Exchange

12. Is it possible to install Exchange on separate mail server when using SBS 4.5

13. Exchange Server and IIS Installed on separate machines...