Inbox Assistant "move" rule does nothing

Inbox Assistant "move" rule does nothing

Post by Ian B. Jacob » Mon, 24 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm using Exchange Server/Client 4.0, Service Pack III, and having
trouble making my Inbox Assistant work.

(1) When user "U" sends mail to group "G" to which I belong, my IA
rule correctly moves the email from my inbox to a private mail folder
containing all mail from "U".

(2) When "U" sends me mail directly, the email just sits in the inbox
and is not moved (no other actions work either).

I also notice that in case (1), mail appears to come from
user "Firstname Lastname", whereas in case (2), mail comes from
"Firstname", which seems to be the alias as configured on the Exchange
Server.

I'm sorry I haven't noted any other configuration details, but:

 --- The mail is not marked as Private.
 --- The destination folder is not Public.
 --- I'm connected to the server at the moment the mail arrives
     in both cases.
 --- I'm not receiving the mail through Bcc.

(These were all discussed in the Knowledge Base under Inbox Assistant).

Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you in advance,

   --- Ian

===================================
=  Ian Jacobs                     =
=  401 Second Ave. #19G           =
=  New York, NY 10010             =
=                                 =
=  Tel/Fax:   (212) 684-1814      =

===================================

1. Inbox Assistant "move" rule does nothing

[...]

2. send on behalf

3. Listserv-like features?

4. Win NT 4 domain and Exchange 2k on Win2k Server

5. "Reply with"/Inbox Assistant doesn't send the reply

6. "Mail on Demand" problem (long)

7. Public folder "folder assistant" rule replication

8. "folder assistant" rules replication problem

9. Public folder "folder assistant" rule replication

10. inbox assistant and "CC:"