Forwarding Mail

Post by Chris Sheeri » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I hope someone can help with a little process.

We want to create an account called 'support' which will be forwarded to a
particular member of staff.
However, when he is out of the office, we want him to be able to forward
'support' to another member of staff.  Neither will be a mail administrator.

Is there an easy way to do this?

--
Chris Sheerin
Kite IT Ltd

Forwarding Mail

Post by Glen Morangi » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Use the Rules Wizard in Outlook to achieve this.

He will have to configure a rule which forwards incoming mail from "support"
to this other member of staff and turn it on when he goes "out of office".

John.

Quote:> I hope someone can help with a little process.

> We want to create an account called 'support' which will be forwarded to a
> particular member of staff.
> However, when he is out of the office, we want him to be able to forward
> 'support' to another member of staff.  Neither will be a mail
administrator.

> Is there an easy way to do this?

> --
> Chris Sheerin
> Kite IT Ltd

Forwarding Mail

Post by Jamie Watso » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

The best way would be to create an alias for the support user and put them
as an Internet entry in the address book. Internal users can then use this
entry in the address book etc. and external users can use the alias name and
your domain name to address the user. Whe the user is away you can do a

Smith etc.

Hope this helps