MailBox Resource still there after deleting Mailbox

MailBox Resource still there after deleting Mailbox

Post by news.earthlink.ne » Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:08:13

Hi, somehow mailbox Resource still exists and taking HDD space after I
deleted the mail box.
Can anyone give me some advice for this?

Best regards,
BJ

MailBox Resource still there after deleting Mailbox

Post by Kyle Lewallen [MSFT » Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:42:46

When a mailbox is "deleted" in exchange 2000 it is basically disconnected
from the user account... but not deleted immediately.
On the properties of the mailbox store - limits tab there is an option "keep
deleted mailboxes for (days)" - the default is 30 days.
This means the mailbox will by default remain in the store for 30 days.
This limit can be adjusted.
However, even if this is set to 0 days, the mailbox won't be cleaned up
until nightly maintenance runs.
Once the time has elapsed (or mailbox is manually purged) and the following
online maintenance runs the mb will be removed from the store.
--
Kyle Lewallen

purposes only.

Quote:> Hi, somehow mailbox Resource still exists and taking HDD space after I
> deleted the mail box.
> Can anyone give me some advice for this?

> Best regards,
> BJ

1. Mailbox Resources not deleting with the mailbox

We are experiencing a problem with mailbox deletes.  We are running Exchange
5.5, SP3, NT 4.0.  We are in a single domain environment with 20 servers.
We delete users by importing a .csv file with an extra row called "Mode"
with the word "Delete" in it (done before the NT ID is deleted). This has
always worked in the past, however lately when we delete a mailbox using
this .csv file it takes the mailbox out of the GAL, but it does not take it
out of the Mailbox Resources.  If I recreate the mailbox and delete it
manually it will completely delete the mailbox out of mailbox resources.
This is happening on every server.

I have two questions. 1. Does anyone have any suggestions on correcting this
problem?  2. Is there a better way to do mailbox deletes?

2. Security Pak adverse effects

3. Non existent user showing up on Mailbox Resources - mailbox can't be deleted

4. Watching for particular incoming mail

5. Deleted old mailboxes, Mailbox resources still there

6. can't send email

7. How to delete the mailbox from the private information store - mailbox resources

8. Help in Exchange and Outlook98

9. Deleted mailboxes still show in Mailbox resources

10. Mailbox resources shows entries for deleted mailboxes

11. Mailbox resources shows deleted mailboxes info

12. How to delete mailbox resources?

13. Deleted recipient but mailbox resource still exists