Newsfeeds between Exchange and IIS

Post by Graham Adamso » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to do Newsfeeds between an IIS NT Option pack NNTP server and
Exchange NNTP Server.

Thanks

--
------------ Bye from Graham and
Karen ------------------------------------------

Please visit our home page :-
"http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/graham.adamson/"

Newsfeeds between Exchange and IIS

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Should be possible.
IIS can not access other newsservers but I think it can be accessed by other
news server.

> Is it possible to do Newsfeeds between an IIS NT Option pack NNTP server and
> Exchange NNTP Server.

> Thanks

> --
> ------------ Bye from Graham and
> Karen ------------------------------------------

> Please visit our home page :-
> "http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/graham.adamson/"

group).

Kirill S. Palagin

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>Is it possible to do Newsfeeds between an IIS NT Option pack NNTP server and
>Exchange NNTP Server.

The NT4 Option Pack NNTP service won't "push" anything, but it will
allow other servers to "pull". And it will only allow clients to post,
and it won't "pull" anything from another server. I forget, but I
don't think it will allow other servers to "push" anything to it.

In other words, it's strictly a single server operation. You can try
to make it do things, but you probably won't be very satisfied.

If you're really "into" newsgroups, investigate using Linux and INN
(or CNEWS, DNEWS, etc.). They're much better suited to managing
newsgroups (especially large ones, or lots of them) than the Microsoft
NNTP service or Exchange.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Newsfeeds between Exchange and IIS

Post by Ryan Finnese » Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:00:00

So I can not set up a pull feed with my ISP ?

Ryan,