Two Questions

Post by Rob Eblin » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

First, a couple of my users are using outlook with exchange and msmail
services running.  When they hit f5 to check for new mail outlook
returns a message that mail cannot be saved.  It only does this when
checking for mail on msmail.  Any suggestions?

Secondly, I'd like to use IMS to connect two sites in different
organizations and replicate.  Is this feasible and how do you set this
up.  Both sites have ip addresses and internet connections.  If you can't do
it in different organizations, how would you do it with two sites in the
same organization?

Thanks,
Rob Ebling

Two Questions

Post by Amir Siddiqu » Mon, 22 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

System config. is

NT4.0 SP3 & Exchange 5.0 SP1

1. We have several offices around the globe, I would like to include the
e-mail addresses of all the offices in global address list so that
employees at the local office do not have to enter the e-mail address
for other offices in thier personal address book. I don't seem to find a
way to create addresses for remote offices without creating an NT
account. What's the solution ? Thanks for the help.
Please note the employees at remote offices do not get thier mail
through this machine.

2.My second questions is reagrding the setup of exchange to check mail
from your browser by pointing your browser to
http://www.domain.com/exchange. I read a very nice article somewhere on
setting this up, bu forgot where. I f anyone can point me to this setup
that would be great. I am talking about running IIS and ASP to achieve
this.

Thanks a lot

Two Questions

Post by Rich Matheis » Mon, 22 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>1. We have several offices around the globe, I would like to include the
>e-mail addresses of all the offices in global address list so that
>employees at the local office do not have to enter the e-mail address
>for other offices in thier personal address book. I don't seem to find a
>way to create addresses for remote offices without creating an NT
>account. What's the solution ? Thanks for the help.
>Please note the employees at remote offices do not get thier mail
>through this machine.

Create a Custom Recipient for each of those employees. The CR is just
a representation of an external mail systems address. They'll appear
in your GAL and you can send them mail. The mail will be directed to
the appropriate connector (the IMS, for instance) for delivery.

Quote:>2.My second questions is reagrding the setup of exchange to check mail
>from your browser by pointing your browser to
>http://www.domain.com/exchange. I read a very nice article somewhere on
>setting this up, bu forgot where. I f anyone can point me to this setup
>that would be great. I am talking about running IIS and ASP to achieve
>this.

The Exchange Release Notes also give you these instructions.

1. I have two questions

I have Exchange Server set up.  I created a download point for Client.  I
created mailbox and user at the same time.  User installs Exchange from the
download point.  Can't connect to the server when trying to open exchange.
What did I do wrong?  I can't find anything recognizable in the
documentation.

Next, we want to get to Internet mail in exchange and also use local
e-mail.  In order to get Internet, we seem to endure constant calls by
exchange to get to our Internet provider.  When we turn off autodial we
solve the problem, but then when a user clicks on the Internet icon...no
provider connection.  How can we have our cake and eat it too?

2. EX5.5 on NT4 in W2K NATIVE mode domain

3. Two Questions

4. OWA setup

5. two questions

6. Internet Email Virus Scanning Gateway

7. Two questions

8. WEBDAV Meetings and Auto Accept

9. Two Questions

10. Two questions