Distribution groups between MS Mail and Exchange

Distribution groups between MS Mail and Exchange

Post by Chris Pric » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

 Increase the 'Trust Level' of the Exchange lists. If the value is greater
that that of the DirSync, they will not be passed. You can find this value
on the Advanced tab.

Chris
-----------------
Chris Price
Lead Consultant - Exchange
Integrated Systems Consulting Group

Quote:>Is there anyway to prevent distribution groups that are created on the

Post by x.. » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Is there anyway to prevent distribution groups that are created on the
Exchange server from being Dirsynced onto the MS Mail server?
When it does this, I end up with mutiple groups.

Thanks,
Paul

Distribution groups between MS Mail and Exchange

Post by Greg Aske » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

As Chris has indicated, you can do this my manipulating the
trust level.

But the best way to handle this is to replace all MS Mail groups
to Exchange DLs.  Before any users are migrated.  DLs are more
flexible than groups, and when users are migrated from MS Mail
to Exchange, their DL membership is preserved if the Migration
Wizard is used.
--
Greg Askew
Business Information Technologies, Inc.

> Is there anyway to prevent distribution groups that are created on the
> Exchange server from being Dirsynced onto the MS Mail server?
> When it does this, I end up with mutiple groups.

> Thanks,
> Paul

Distribution groups between MS Mail and Exchange

Post by Kimmo Bergiu » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Set the trust level for the Distribution list (the Advanced tab) higher
as the trust
level specified on the DirSync connector.

Cheers,
Kimmo