How do I publish Addressbook on the web ?

How do I publish Addressbook on the web ?

Post by Rao Dasar » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am using Exchage Server5.5 and  it works great. Our users are not happy
with using OWA but its not a big issue here. Our users want  me to make
available the address-book on the web. I need some help to do it
automatically so that the global address book entries  are available on the
web. I would appreciate if you email your reponses while you post them here.
Thanks a lot.

Rao Dasari

How do I publish Addressbook on the web ?

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

There is currently no "out of the box" solution to this problem. Microsoft has not made available the GAL to Web users.

So you will have to create one yourself. This is not a hard task since the tools are there. You can use CDO in conjunction with ADSI to access the Exchange Server Directory Services and display the GAL.

If the PowerPoint slides from MEC98 are available you can find an example and sample code in one of the presentations.

Wesley H. Peace III

Microsoft Exchange/BackOffice MVP
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle' - Fr. James Keller