Problem installing Exchange 2000 manager on windows XP Pro

Problem installing Exchange 2000 manager on windows XP Pro

Post by caskhyro » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:30:11

I tried installing Exchange 2000 management tools on a
windows XP machine and it says it can't install because
the windows 2000 Aministrator tools are not installed.
There is an FAQ (Q312139) in the knowledge base about
this stating
that the exchange cd is expecting a windows 2000 Pro
computer to install the Exchange management tools to and
doesn't recognize the new administrator tools on XP.  Has
anyone found a way around this?  Using terminal services
is a dumb workaround.  I need to get the server
extensions installed to run another NT administration
utilities program so i can manage computers and AD
remotely.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Problem installing Exchange 2000 manager on windows XP Pro

Post by Bryan Nyc » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:44:41

Quote:> I tried installing Exchange 2000 management tools on a
> windows XP machine and it says it can't install because
> the windows 2000 Aministrator tools are not installed.
> There is an FAQ (Q312139) in the knowledge base about
> this stating
> that the exchange cd is expecting a windows 2000 Pro
> computer to install the Exchange management tools to and
> doesn't recognize the new administrator tools on XP.  Has
> anyone found a way around this?  Using terminal services
> is a dumb workaround.  I need to get the server
> extensions installed to run another NT administration
> utilities program so i can manage computers and AD
> remotely.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Install the Windows 2000 admin tools (ignore the warning) from the latest SP
CD. Then, install the Exchange tools. Then, install the Windows 2003 tools.
Kind of kludgy, but it works.

Bryan Nyce

Problem installing Exchange 2000 manager on windows XP Pro

Post by caskhyro » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 04:30:04

Thanks

> [...]

Quote:>CD. Then, install the Exchange tools. Then, install the
Windows 2003 tools.
>Kind of kludgy, but it works.

>Bryan Nyce

>.

1. installing the Exchange 2000 System Manager on XP pro

Hi,

  I'm trying to Install the Exchange 2000 System Manager
on a Windows XP professional Client with SP1A applied. I
keep getting the error the I have to install the Active
Directory Components First. I have done this by Installing
the AdminPak shipped with .Net server CD. The windows 2000
adminpak will not install on the XP client. It reports
that it is the wrong Operating System. Does anybody know
where I might get an exchange 2000 system manager setup
that will install on an XP professional PC.

  Many Thanks for Any Help!!!!

2. Exchange SP1

3. Error Installing Exchange 2000 Trial on Windows XP Pro

4. CCMC and BAD Messages

5. Exchange 2000 System Managment tools install for Windows XP Pro

6. Sending mail to a public folder

7. Solution For : Exchange 2000 System Managment tools install for Windows XP Pro

8. Hiding email boxes in Exchange 2000

9. System Manager windows XP Pro

10. Exchange 2000 System Manager on XP Pro

11. Installing Microsoft exchange on Windows XP Pro

12. Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro, and Exchange 5.5

13. Survey: Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro