1 email adress for multiple users

Post by Ric » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 06:59:33

I am looking for a way to setup 1 email adress for multiple users in
exchange 2000 I have looked into several aricles but could not find an
answer. Is it accomplished by using distribution groups (such as
distribution lists in exchange 5.5)??

Rick

1 email adress for multiple users

Post by Jason Wilde » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 07:17:15

Yes.  Assuming you're running W2K Server, you just great a dist. group in
AD, then add users to that group.  The group should then show up in your
Global Address List.  I name mine so that they'll always be at the top of
the list (i.e. #CAD_Users, #All_Employees, etc.)  The # just sorts them to
the top of the list.

Quote:> I am looking for a way to setup 1 email adress for multiple users in
> exchange 2000 I have looked into several aricles but could not find an
> answer. Is it accomplished by using distribution groups (such as
> distribution lists in exchange 5.5)??

> Rick

1 email adress for multiple users

Post by Ray » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:59:55

yes create a a mail enabled group in AD

Ray

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am looking for a way to setup 1 email adress for
multiple users in
>exchange 2000 I have looked into several aricles but
could not find an
>answer. Is it accomplished by using distribution groups
(such as
>distribution lists in exchange 5.5)??

>Rick
>.

1 email adress for multiple users

Post by Tenra » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:25:39

How about just editing the smtp address and making it the
same for those who use the account.  Or create a mailbox
and share it out through delegation in Outlook.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am looking for a way to setup 1 email adress for
multiple users in
>exchange 2000 I have looked into several aricles but
could not find an
>answer. Is it accomplished by using distribution groups
(such as
>distribution lists in exchange 5.5)??

>Rick
>.

1. Manage Multiple eMail-Adresses of one User

Exchange Server 2000 with Outlook XP

A AD-User has one Exchange-Mailbox but different SMTP-Addresses

User: Bill Jones

Addresses:

How can the user decide which sender-address to use when composing mail? Is
there any simple way to select the sender adress without working with
different profiles and having ExchangeServer as the only service provider in
Outlook?

Thanks

sh

2. getting only new messages from Inbox

3. Email Adress Policy removes email adresses

4. Exchange Client without Outlook

5. Multiple outbound email adresses

6. no more endpoints available error.-- HELP

7. how to print out all users email adress

8. ScanMail: BackOffice Resource Kit

9. create a email adress without a new user

10. 4 users and only 1 email adress

11. i have an email adress without a user

12. same email adress for 2 users on exchange server