Open Relay on Exchange 5.0??

Post by Randy » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 23:43:46

Is there anyway to turn off Open Relay on Exchange 5.0 server?  I have
a 5.5 and 5.0 server in the same site.  I have the option to Don not
relay incoming SMTP messages, but when I check it, and then telnet in
from another ISP I can still relay from the 5.0 server.  I
successfully turned it off on the 5.5 server doing this but not the
5.0 server.  Help

Randy B.

Open Relay on Exchange 5.0??

Post by davi » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 00:11:44

Do you have an IMS on the 5.0 server ?
Quote:-----Original Message-----

Is there anyway to turn off Open Relay on Exchange 5.0 server?  I have
a 5.5 and 5.0 server in the same site.  I have the option to Don not
relay incoming SMTP messages, but when I check it, and then telnet in
from another ISP I can still relay from the 5.0 server.  I
successfully turned it off on the 5.5 server doing this but not the
5.0 server.  Help

Randy B.

.

Open Relay on Exchange 5.0??

Have you restarted IMC after changing it's config?

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

1. Open Relay in Exchange 5.0

Is there anyway of closing up the Relay in Exchange 5.0?
I've got Service Pack 2 installed on NT (SP6).

I've tried looking through the knowledgebase and a few
external sites, but havn't found much  -  any ideas?

Thanks

2. Forward loop notification

3. Open relay on Exchange 5.0.........?

4. Exchange and Outlook

5. Open Relay On Exchange 5.0

6. Undeliverable Mail

7. Exchange 5.0 Open Relay

8. Trust relationship and Exchannge 2000

9. Open Mail Relay in Exchange 5.0

10. Exchange 5.0 open for relaying

11. Exchange 5.0 open relay problem

12. Exchange 5.0 Open Relay Problem