Events with event ID's 179 and 180 are filling up my application log

Events with event ID's 179 and 180 are filling up my application log

Post by harsh » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 04:47:59

Hi,

I have a slight problem. I dont know why..but my
application log is getting filled up with event's with
ID's 179 and 180.. I am attaching a description of the
respective events:

Event ID = 179:
MSExchangeDS ((1428) ) Online defragmentation is beginning
a full pass on database 'D:\exchsrvr\DSADATA\dir.edb'.

Event ID = 180:
MSExchangeDS ((1428) ) Online defragmentation has
completed a full pass on
database 'D:\exchsrvr\DSADATA\dir.edb'.

The event is posted as information. The regular
maintenance tasks of the Exchange Server are being run
from 1:00 AM till 5:00 AM everyday. But, instead of only
two events per hour...i have 4-6 events posted in the
application log. I am not sure whether this is a serious
problem or not.

Awaiting a reply,
Thanks,
harsha

1. Application Log fills with Event ID 1002

My Exchange 2000 Server appears to be up and running fine, but my
Application Log fills up with over 2000 of the entry listed below (even
though I have MSExchangeTransport logging set to None).

Any assistance would be appreciated

Event Type: Information
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: Routing Engine/Service
Event ID: 1002
attempt.

2. Exchange Connector for Novell GroupWise

3. Corrupt Data event filling up Application Event Log

4. "ghost" user in Exchange

5. Event ID 1023 - filling up application log

6. Report before cleaning mailboxes

7. Event ID 1000 Is Logged in the Application Event Log

8. Brick-Level Backup Solutions

9. Application Log fills up with Event ID 1002

10. MTA filling event log, Event ID 9997

11. Event ID 8206 fills event log

12. Event ID 179

13. MTA filling event log, Event ID 9997