Newsfeed - posting outbound messages

Post by David Mallet » Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have set up a newsfeed in ES 5.5 to point to the Demon news server,
news.demon.co.uk, which retrieves all incoming messages fine, but fails to
send outbound messages.

I get error 13069:

An error occurred during outbound trying to logon to remote host
news.demon.co.uk.   Error = 0x80040115.

I also get error 13082 about 90s later:

Error 64 occurred trying to read/write to server news.demon.co.uk.

I don't think Demon require you to log on to their news server, so I am not
what the problem is.  I can post messages from Outlook Express.

Any ideas?

David Mallett.

1. a newbie: Outbound NNTP newsfeed resending all messages????

Hi there techno's a newbie question for you.

I've set up my exchange server with a inbound pull and outbound post NNTP
newsfeed (to and from msnews.microsoft.com)

I've switched on the diagnostics logging ON to monitor what the thing is
doing.

Do I get it clear from the entries in the event viewer that *every* pulled
message is reposted to the original server (and getting the reply that the
server already knows it) ???

Or is it a configuration mistake on my part?

Please enlighten me

TIA
Wouter de Waard

2. Internet Access on a LAN

3. Setting Outbound newsfeed port in Exchange 5.5

4. How to refuse mail?

5. Outbound newsfeed problem

6. can't send message from Outlook Express 98 to Exchange server 5.5

7. Setting newsfeed outbound port

8. How to Access to Custom Attributes Fields?

9. NNTP - Outbound newsfeed causes Store.exe to consume 100% CPU

10. Outbound Newsfeed

11. Outbound newsfeed problem...

12. Outbound Newsfeed has any body got it working!!

13. Need help w/Outbound Exchange Newsfeed