More HELP: Event ID 290 : MSExchangeMTA : X.400 Problem

More HELP: Event ID 290 : MSExchangeMTA : X.400 Problem

Post by Kerr » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi exchangers,
Still having muchos problemos with my Exchange 5.5 server.
Situation is that previously reliable distribution lists have ceased to
work and they're bouncing straight back to the sender with the following
mad message:

Source: MSExchangeMTA Event: 290 Description: A non-delivery report (reason
code unable-to-transfer and diagnostic code content-type-not-supported) is
being generated for message <address>. It was originally destined for
<address>; <recipient>, and was to be redirected to. [MTA DISP:RESULT 16
136] (12)

I know it's something to do with X.400 but WHAT.
I've deleted people from a distribution list and then I can e-mail them and
I've tried numerous other things but I'm really stuck now......HELP

1. HELP: Event ID 290 : MSExchangeMTA : X.400 Problem

Hi Exchangers,
What the hell does
Event ID 290
A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and diagnostic code
content-type-not-supported) is being generated for message <address>......

MS Online Support gives some flannel about X.400 and DDA type and value but
I'm no clearer- please can someone come to my rescue.
Thanks guys.

millisecond's hesitation)

2. sharing an Agenda and Calendar

3. MSExchangeMTA X.400 events 270 and 290

4. Sending from old EXchange to New exchagne server

5. NDR-X.400. Event ID 290 MTA

6. Member for DL get 2 copies of mails

7. Event-ID 290, MTA, X.400

8. SMTP Que filling up

9. X.400 Event 290

10. Event 290 in MSExchangeMTA

11. Event id 290 Congestion Errors HELP!

12. HELP Event ID: 290

13. HELP: x400 problem EVENT 290