Is it possible to host other Mail domains on Exchange 2000

Is it possible to host other Mail domains on Exchange 2000

Post by Jan-Ov » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:36:38

Is it possible to host other mail domains on exchange 2000 then default mail
domain?
If yes, where can i find the info to do it?

/Jan-Ove

Is it possible to host other Mail domains on Exchange 2000

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 23:25:29

Quote:> Is it possible to host other mail domains on exchange 2000 then default
mail
> domain?
> If yes, where can i find the info to do it?

    Can Exchange 2000 host multiple domains?  Absolutely!  Read the help
files on Recipient Policies.  I don't have any idea what you mean by a
'default mail domain', though.....

Is it possible to host other Mail domains on Exchange 2000

Post by Jan-Ov » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:28:50

I mean by default mail domain= My win2000 domain ( aaaaaaa.com )
But I need to host other domain like xxx.dk and vvvvv.se

> > Is it possible to host other mail domains on exchange 2000 then default
> mail
> > domain?
> > If yes, where can i find the info to do it?

>     Can Exchange 2000 host multiple domains?  Absolutely!  Read the help
> files on Recipient Policies.  I don't have any idea what you mean by a
> 'default mail domain', though.....

Is it possible to host other Mail domains on Exchange 2000

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:50:55

    Exchange can host whatever domain you want it to host.  It's all just a
matter of setting up the recipient policy....

> I mean by default mail domain= My win2000 domain ( aaaaaaa.com )
> But I need to host other domain like xxx.dk and vvvvv.se

> > > Is it possible to host other mail domains on exchange 2000 then
default
> > mail
> > > domain?
> > > If yes, where can i find the info to do it?

> >     Can Exchange 2000 host multiple domains?  Absolutely!  Read the help
> > files on Recipient Policies.  I don't have any idea what you mean by a
> > 'default mail domain', though.....

Is it possible to host other Mail domains on Exchange 2000

Post by Jan-Ov » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 00:12:25

ok...i vill try that..thanks for the help :-)

>     Exchange can host whatever domain you want it to host.  It's all just
> matter of setting up the recipient policy....

> > I mean by default mail domain= My win2000 domain ( aaaaaaa.com )
> > But I need to host other domain like xxx.dk and vvvvv.se

> default
> > > mail

> > >     Can Exchange 2000 host multiple domains?  Absolutely!  Read the
help
> > > files on Recipient Policies.  I don't have any idea what you mean by a
> > > 'default mail domain', though.....

1. From address on returned mail from exchange 2000 hosting multiple domains

We are hosting multiple domains on our Exchange 2000 server.
Everything works fine as far as receiving and sending email.  But when
someone sends an email to one of our domains that doesn't have a valid
email address it always sends the bounce reply back as the admin of
our primary domain.  For example

failure.  Is there any way to have the reply come from the that email
domain they sent the email to?

We are using the Default Policy under Recipients, and then have all of
our domains listed under the E-mail Addresses tab.  I think this is
where the issue would be, you'd have to create Recipient Policies for
all the domains?

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. Lost CDO.dll intalling Outlook97 on server. HELP!

3. exchange server 2000 to host mail for two domains

4. Unable to start MS Exchange Directory Synchronization Service

5. Hosting two exchange 2000 servers in a single windows 2000 domain

6. Remove MS Mail connector and DXA Connector from exchange server

7. 551 This is not a relay host - mail must be to or from host domain

8. Using eseutil with Exchange 2000 Standard

9. Exchange 2000 on domain with NT PDC possible??

10. Hosting multible domains on Exchange 2000

11. Hosting Multiple Domains in Exchange 2000

12. Can exchange 2000 host multiple domains?