How can I stop users sending email out of the office but send local in office

How can I stop users sending email out of the office but send local in office

Post by Brett Wilk » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

How to stop users sending email out of the office but send local in office
email?

How can I stop users sending email out of the office but send local in office

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

See FAQ at
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp.htm

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.

How can I stop users sending email out of the office but send local in office

Post by Susan Conke » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Use the Delivery Restrictions page of the IMS property sheet.

Susan

>How to stop users sending email out of the office but send local in office
>email?

1. Letting POP3 users who authenticate send email from outside the office

I want to let POP3 users who authenticate by sending credentials to the mail
server send email messages from outside the office, but I want to prevent
all other relaying. On my organization's SMTP virtual server, in the
Properties dialog box, I select the Only the list below and the Allow all
computers which successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list
above check boxes. However, these selections don't accomplish what I want.
When I send an email message from an Outlook Express machine outside the
office, I get a 550 5.7.1 unable to relay for <addressee> error. However, if
I select the All except the list below check box, everything works smoothly.
Why doesn't my initial set of selections work?

--
Hallvard

2. e2k sp1

3. Out of office replies are not being sent to external email address (non-exchange users)

4. Problems of Exchange Service Pack II

5. forbid any attached files to send outside the office (by user or by group)

6. ISINTEG in Cluster environment ?!

7. Message Journaling

8. Meeting request to user that has granted Send on Behalf gets Out of Office-message

9. (urgent)unable to send email outside of office