Removing/Uninstalling the only exchange 2003 server in a site/organization

Removing/Uninstalling the only exchange 2003 server in a site/organization

Post by Homer J. Gentr » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:31:07

I have a Windows 2003 domain, both forest and domain are in Windows 2003
native mode.  I am running the Exchange Beta on a Windows 2003 Standard
server, and want to see the Exchange RC1 before the RTM gets released.  It
is the only server in the Exchange Organization.  I do not want to upgrade
the current Exchange server beta to RC1.  Will there be a problem with
wiping the server clean and reinstalling Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 RC1?

I do not want to keep any data from the Exchange server, and the server is
not a DC.

Thanks

Removing/Uninstalling the only exchange 2003 server in a site/organization

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:10:25

You've still got the problem of having all that Schema
data in AD. I would be tempted to suggest that you put
another exchange box on the network with the rtm eval and
then followed the procedure to remove an exchange server.
Then format the original and bring it back with the same
name, installing the rtm eval again. you can then
decomission the temporary box.
If you want an absolutley totally clean environment then
you'll need to flatten everything and start from scratch.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have a Windows 2003 domain, both forest and domain are
in Windows 2003
>native mode.  I am running the Exchange Beta on a

Windows 2003 Standard
Quote:>server, and want to see the Exchange RC1 before the RTM
gets released.  It
>is the only server in the Exchange Organization.  I do
not want to upgrade
>the current Exchange server beta to RC1.  Will there be
a problem with
>wiping the server clean and reinstalling Windows 2003

and Exchange 2003 RC1?
Quote: