Rights on sub-folders when changing or adding user

Rights on sub-folders when changing or adding user

Post by benh » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 22:32:32

Can you help me,

On the public folder structure, we have a public-directory-called :supply,
underneath there are approx 400 dir's.

Q. how do i give a user rights to all dir's at one, for instance as owner or
auther?

Or do i have to go to each dir's one by one?

Greetings Ben.

Post by MV » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 04:08:30

>Can you help me,

>On the public folder structure, we have a public-directory-called :supply,
>underneath there are approx 400 dir's.

>Q. how do i give a user rights to all dir's at one, for instance as owner or
>auther?

>Or do i have to go to each dir's one by one?

>Greetings Ben.

You can use exchange administrator to assign permissions at one level
and propogate them down the tree. Only problem is that if you have set
some specific permissions down the line you'll overwrite them with the
ones you set and propogate.
You can't assign and propogate from Outlook.

1. Rights on Folders including all SUB-Folders

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to give rights to user to read mail in a folder and
all the sub-folders. I want the user to have the same access-rights to all
the folders. Is there a way to this in one go or do I have to set the rights
to each individual sub-folder?
Please help me its becoming a panetaking task to give a user rights!

Peter Horlings

2. Unable to send, recieving is fine

3. public folder tool fro adding user rights????

4. Imsext.dll for a disclaimer

5. what minimum rights apply for creating folders and aplly rights for users

6. OWA and UPN logon

7. users contact folder in sub folder of contacts

8. are frontend servers justified?

9. Revokeing user rights to make folders in public folders

10. Adding a user in mailbox right

11. PROGRAM TO EDIT OR ADD USER RIGHTS TO INBOX

12. Add review rights for all domain users for all calendars and contacts