Sharing a Distribution List

Post by Greg Star » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a contact list of people external to our organization in a public
folder (on Exchange 5.5 sp3). I would like to create a distribution list
based on the contents of that public folder that can be shared among my
local users. I know that the Personal Address Book is an option, but one
that is obviously an administrative nightmare.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance
Greg Starr
Information Systems and Technology Manager
Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra

Sharing a Distribution List

Post by Ed Crowle » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You can make a global distribution list from custom recipients, but not from
Contacts.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Senior Consultant

Quote:> I have a contact list of people external to our organization in a public
> folder (on Exchange 5.5 sp3). I would like to create a distribution list
> based on the contents of that public folder that can be shared among my
> local users. I know that the Personal Address Book is an option, but one
> that is obviously an administrative nightmare.

> Any ideas???

> Thanks in advance
> Greg Starr
> Information Systems and Technology Manager
> Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra

1. Share Personal Distribution lists

Simple Computing releases a new version of Contact List for Outlook

Contact List for Outlook is a client extension for the Microsoft Outlook
client that adds the ability to create Contacts which act like distribution
lists.

Contact List for Outlook works similarly to traditional distribution lists
which are available in the PAB and GAL, but not available in Contacts. This
product allows you the ability to eliminate the use of the PAB which was
necessary to keep personal distribution lists. The extension allows the
user to create Contacts which reference GAL, PAB and Contact entries and
then when an e-mail is addressed to the Contact, the Contact is replaced by
the referenced entries.

What is new in version 1.1?
Version 1.1 adds the ability for Contact Lists to be created in other
Contact folders in addition to the user's default Contact folder. Further,
Contact Lists can now be shared among users in shared Contact folders. This
allows corporate or departmental level shared contact databases to be used
more effectively by members of the organization.  Contact List for Outlook
offers the ability for members of the organization to create personal
contact distribution lists which reference shared contact databases or to
create a shared contact distribution lists for all to use.

Version 1.1 also allows you to specify if you want the stored e-mail
addresses used (those stored in the contact lists at the time the contact
list was created, this is the same way that personal distribution lists
work) or whether you want the e-mail addresses re-resolved against your
installed address books and contacts (get any updated e-mail addresses)
whenever a message is sent to a Contact List.

To download a free 30 day trial point your web browser to
http://www.simplecomputing.net

2. Event id 4115 in event log

3. Hide a Group

4. Sharing personal distribution list

5. Is outlook 11 included in Exchange 2003 Beta 2 download?

6. Creating Distribution Lists/Mailiing Lists in shared contacts

7. Problem With Assigning Task in OutLook 2002

8. Cannot add entried to a shared distribution list

9. Distribution List from Outlook Public Folder Shared Contacts

10. Sharing Outlook/Exchange Distributions Lists Among a group