Seemingly random delivery delay of email

Seemingly random delivery delay of email

Post by Mark Howlet » Sat, 25 Oct 2003 05:11:13

Hi Paul,

I just wanted to reply to this message to see if this is still an issue for
you.  I have never heard of this problem before, so I will research it if
you need additional assistance with this problem.

Thanks,
Mark Howlett, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

1. Seemingly random delivery delay of email

A newly installed Exchange 2000 + sp1 on win2k server
(all latest patches at time of posting).

We are connected to the internet via a dedicated line -
all connections go thru one machine with ISA server
installed.  Exchange 2k is installed on the same machine.

Typical example of the problem is using windows XP
professional + office XP connecting to the mail sever
using Outlook.

If the machine is left for a period of time (e.g. an
hour) without Outlook being used, new email sometimes
does not appear.  If I click on an existing email message
to view that, all the new mail suddenly appears as if
newly delivered.

Is there a setting within Exchange 2000 or Outlook to
stop this?

Thanks in advance.

2. OWA suddenly stopped working

3. random delivery delay

4. Migrating from Lotus Domino 5 to Exchange 2k

5. Email delivery delayed till you send email

6. Works great inside, not outside

7. non-consistent delayed delivery of emails

8. Creating a duplicate exhange server

9. Email Delayed delivery

10. delay email delivery

11. delay delivery of emails with attachment file >2Mb

12. non-consistent delayed delivery of emails

13. Delay of email delivery by 1 hour