PLEASE HELP - create extra SMTP address(proxyaddress) with VBScript for Exchange 2000

PLEASE HELP - create extra SMTP address(proxyaddress) with VBScript for Exchange 2000

Create second policy with that address.

Post by Dontan » Sat, 19 May 2001 06:37:56

> Create second policy with that address.

> > Hi all,

> > Can anyone tell me how to create multiple (extra)smtp addresses for
Exchange
> > 2000 recipients from within my VB
> > Script?

> > When i  user .proxyaddresses (array) there will only be one address
created
> > ... please help

> > tnx

I don't use any policies(no automaticaly update of recipient policy) because
they made my Exchange aliasname a Primary SMTP address, and that's not what
i want because the alias is our company identificationnumber!!

Any other suggestions (Kirill)?

PLEASE HELP - create extra SMTP address(proxyaddress) with VBScript for Exchange 2000

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Sat, 19 May 2001 14:16:21

You can still use a policy to create the address. The behavior you described
is what you get if you DON'T modify the recipient polices.

You can modify the default address generation so that a default SMTP (or for
that matter) any address can be generated on the fly. So syntax such as

Search for Books online for "Address Generation" for additional options.

A ship ought not to be held by one anchor, nor life by a single
hope. -Epictetus, philosopher (c. 60-120)

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP
FAQ at  http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> > Create second policy with that address.

> > > Hi all,

> > > Can anyone tell me how to create multiple (extra)smtp addresses for
> Exchange
> > > 2000 recipients from within my VB
> > > Script?

> > > When i  user .proxyaddresses (array) there will only be one address
> created
> > > ... please help

> > > tnx

> I don't use any policies(no automaticaly update of recipient policy)
because
> they made my Exchange aliasname a Primary SMTP address, and that's not
what
> i want because the alias is our company identificationnumber!!

> Any other suggestions (Kirill)?

1. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

2 days ago I had a Hard Drive crash on my exchange server <<<< no big deal
it was Raid 5
but after some inspection I found that the RAID backplane was screwed so a
discussion was made to create a new server and put Exchange on it.
No big Deal, configured the server renamed the old on server which was SPOCK
to SPOCK1 named the new server SPOCK now SPOCK1 is/was a BDC the new Spock
is not E-mail is up and running fine but I have noticed some residual
problems. Anywhere I had given a local group access to a mailbox they can no
longer see it. It tells them that no do not have permission to view the
mailbox. Any Ideas? please this has me stumped
If I need to make this a BDC is there any way to make a normal server a BDC
with having to completely reinstall?

Please help

2. OWA - HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden (after the Exchange SP3 aply)

3. Please Help - Exchange 5.5 won't let me create Offline Address Book

4. Exmerge Tool

5. Cumalative service pack??

6. Adding extra smtp-address

7. mail delivery delayed

8. Extra SMTP address

9. Cannot create SMTP addresses - \address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll

10. How to create SMTP connector form VBScript ?

11. Setting ProxyAddresses while creating a mailbox

12. Create new X.400 address with VBScript