IIS 4.0 upgrade to Exchange Server behind Proxy 2.0 server

IIS 4.0 upgrade to Exchange Server behind Proxy 2.0 server

Post by Robert Shackelfor » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

This message is in HTML (Rich Text).  Hope all can read it.

Exchange 5.5 (SP2) and IIS 3.0 on NT 4.0 (SP4) behind Proxy 2.0 on NT 4.0 (SP4).  And it all works!  Sad that we must rejoice over what IBM and Unix folks take for granted.

My goal is to install MS Chat (for the first time) on the Exchange server.  But IIS 4.0 is required.  My question:  How will this install affect the proxy server, still running IIS 3.0?  If needed, what steps should be taken to correct any issues?

The IIS 4.0 Release Notes state "You should rerun Proxy Server 2.0 Setup after installing IIS 4.0.", but don't specify whether Proxy Server is running on the same machine or is in front of it.

TIA

Robert

Post by Dan Mendr » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

check out http://proxyFAQ.networkgods.com they have all your answers

    This message is in HTML (Rich Text).  Hope all can read it.

    Exchange 5.5 (SP2) and IIS 3.0 on NT 4.0 (SP4) behind Proxy 2.0 on NT 4.0 (SP4).  And it all works!  Sad that we must rejoice over what IBM and Unix folks take for granted.

    My goal is to install MS Chat (for the first time) on the Exchange server.  But IIS 4.0 is required.  My question:  How will this install affect the proxy server, still running IIS 3.0?  If needed, what steps should be taken to correct any issues?

    The IIS 4.0 Release Notes state "You should rerun Proxy Server 2.0 Setup after installing IIS 4.0.", but don't specify whether Proxy Server is running on the same machine or is in front of it.

    TIA

    Robert

1. Still not succeeded Exchange Server 5.5 behind NT proxy server 2.0

I have read the article XADM: Setting TCP/IP Ports for Exchange and
Outlook Client Connections Through a Firewall (Q155831)

I have made all the changes suggested but still unsuccessful. When on
the client, filling in the Exchange server IP (Proxy server) and
the Exchange user name, testing  it. I get the error that it cannot by
validated?? :-(.

2. Public Folders

3. Howto Exchange Server 5.5 behind NT proxy server 2.0

4. Restoring an OST file when Profile has been deleted

5. Exchange 2000 behind Proxy Server 2.0

6. Newby question re: POP requirements

7. Exchange 5.5 server running behind Proxy 2.0

8. Exchange 2000 Server Policy Setup

9. unable to receive e-mail on exch 5.5 behind proxy server 2.0

10. OWA - Pages don't load correctly behind Proxy Server 2.0

11. OWA behind Proxy Server 2.0

12. Running OWA from behind MS Proxy Server 2.0

13. OWA behind Proxy Server 2.0 problem