Bulk mailbox & NT account creation

Post by TMcB » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am getting descriptor errors when trying to import (create) any more than
15 mailboxes and NT accounts using a *.csv file.
I believe have the proper headers and object class/names, etc.
If I create less than 15, the mailboxes and accounts are created fine and no
errors are generated. It is only when the number exceeds 15. In such case
the first 15 go fine and the rest generate descriptor errors?
Any comments would be appreciated.

Bulk mailbox & NT account creation

Post by Ed Crowle » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

What is the error?

Are you sure that the 15th or 16th record doesn't have an improperly
formatted field (say, with an improperly quoted comma) that screws up the
rest of the import?
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Senior Consultant

Quote:> I am getting descriptor errors when trying to import (create) any more
than
> 15 mailboxes and NT accounts using a *.csv file.
> I believe have the proper headers and object class/names, etc.
> If I create less than 15, the mailboxes and accounts are created fine and
no
> errors are generated. It is only when the number exceeds 15. In such case
> the first 15 go fine and the rest generate descriptor errors?
> Any comments would be appreciated.

Bulk mailbox & NT account creation

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Since the number is pretty explicit you should be able to identify what the
problem is rather easily. Check the Event Viewer logs and also the .csv
file.

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP

Exchange FAQ at   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
                               http://www.exchangefaq.org

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>I am getting descriptor errors when trying to import (create) any more than
>15 mailboxes and NT accounts using a *.csv file.

I'll bet you used Excel to create that CSV file! Check the contents of
the last column in your spreadsheet. I'll bet it's empty (it's
probably "Hide from AB"). If it is, either swap it with another column
that DOES have data in all rows or put a "0" (zero) into the Hide From
AB column and export it again.

BTW, Access doesn't suffer from this problem. But then again, it's a
database program and not a spreadsheet.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP